Well, I got my parts a bit ago from MDogg (thanks Matt), a new Schaller roller bridge, and a set of EMG 35's (35J, 35P4) that I am slapping on the ol' Ibanez. I know that upgrading isn't "worth" it, but I have no intention of selling the bass. It plays just as well as any 4 I've played, and after 4 years, I'm just to attached to it to sell it. But not to mangle it! the EMGs are soapbar styled pups, while the original ones were a set of P/Js. That meant routing new holes for the pups. Which means there are some nice holes around the P (now neck) pup. The J has some space around it, but only because it was my first routing job. So, to cover up the unsightly hole around the P pup, I've made pickup rings out of some purpleheart I had laying around (left over from a successfull canoe project). The bass is jewel blue. Looks pretty classy. Especially with the black Schaller bridge. The EMG pots are also standard, not metric, so I had to make new knobs for them out of purpleheart (to match the pup rings). Does it look nice? Oh heck yes. The problem: the wiring doesn't work. One or more of the components are faulty, so it's gotta go off to a tech (aka person who knows how to do this kind of thing, and can solder worth a damn). EMG wasn't much help. Nice people, but the solutions they gave didn't work (leading to the belief that the parts are bad). So, after the better part of 4 hours spend on the electronics, I'm fed up, and hence off to the tech. So hopefully within the week it'll be finished. Then I'll post it's pics in the basses forum, but I thought I'd share the process here. And call me crazy, but the bass seemed to play a lot better with a new bridge. Just that made it seem brand new, and tons more fun to just play. Can't wait for it to start working.