Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The ugliest bass ever parting from prices!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    have you realized that the warwick thumb bolt-on is the ugliest bass over the $1000 categories and the things that makes it so ugly are those going up to the neck cut aways with those light weight horns.

AM I WRONG???? PLZ ANSWER

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i think the thumb's a badass bass. preferably though the streamer stage 2 is the best looking warwick ever. i don't give a **** who doesn't like it, people like different ****.

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    thum BOLT-ON, the normal thumb is the bet bass out of warwcks bubinga options (there r only two thum and 'vette standard)

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I had not realized that. Thank you for informing me.

Now go back under your bridge. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this has been discussed/argued over many, many times... The Thumb is not for everyone, both aesthetically and tonally. (Yeah, I reached my big word quota of the day. :p ) I used to hate it, but now it's the #1 bass on my GAS list. It kinda grows on you, especially after you play one. I want the Bleach Blonde 5er. That slap-able low-B is awesome.

:bassist:

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    the thumb is a nice bass but the BOLT-ON version (the main point of this thread) is just ugly its not proportionated like the original neck-through thumb

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Have you realized that:

• There's a difference between fact and opinion?
    • Capitalization, sentence structure and punctuation are important?
    • You misspelled "Pastorius" in your signature (Which is also an opinion, by the way)?

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im sure the Musicman Bongo can be seen as uglier by some people. Its all an opinion. I like the thumb, just not the way it balances..

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Weren't you slamming on the Adler 11 string about the same time you wrote this? :meh:

9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    A thumb's up to you Blackbird!

I found that quite funny!

BTW its PASTORIUS.

And everything you said is opinion, thats like saying. (Insert your bass) is the Uglies thing ever, its stu-ped and only ignorant people play it! Pastororius RUWLES!

EDIT: Off topic, but for some reason when I listen to Victor Wooten I get the Feeling that he Just starts playing and gets an idea, then records it, Like he's just messin around ya know? Its kinda wierd listening to him after you think of it that way.

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    :rollno: Eesh...School must be out for the Summer....

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    LOL!!! :D

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how precious. :rolleyes:

you know, if i were going to keep this thread open, i would ask, "what the heck is the meaning of the title of this thread?", but i guess i'll never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.