Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The ugly tree spawns another one...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Oh. My. God. :eek:

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    hehe - Well, I give it a point for creativity. But I won't be buying one, that's for sure!

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've been watching this guy's auctions for a while now....some day, there's gonna be a knock at his door, and it's gonna be a buncha pi$$ed off trees coming for revenge....

He did do a decent Danelectro knockoff at one point--I'll give him that...but, c'mon--what'd that tree ever do to him?

:Marlon Brando On:
    the horror....the horror....
    :Marlon Brando Off:

5. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    That is discusting.

6. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I don't think it was the tree which was ugly - he's made too many basses to have only required on tree.

Perhaps we could pay him to stop.

7. i used to be slightly amused and disgusted at this guy's creations, but now i'm actually starting to get mad. i don't know why, these abominations just fill me with hate.

anyway, my assessment: blasted out of the ugly cannon into the ugly brick wall 10 feet away. with ugly gunpowder.

8. JT! JT! Delete this thread before it's get out of hand! thanks big i'm blind now

9. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Oh jeeze...where's the neck cutout? How do you get to the upepr portion on fthe fretboard. Thumb position? Is it a weapon of some sort. Surely it's not a musical instrument.

10. Well, now that you mention it:

[​IMG]

It reminds me of a screaming fish....

11. kezekiel

kezekiel

Sep 24, 2000

In the hands of Worf, it's both. In the hands of Dan Akroyd, it's a floor wax *and* a dessert topping.

12. $300 almost may be worth it just for hoots, then again, maybe not

13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Eeegad!

My first impression...How many damage points does my 11th level Paladin get while using this against a Stone Golum?

Any chnce anyone thinks a different choice of background may have made it more appealing?

14. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Then again....if you could get it for $300, you could saw off the bizarro-world body wings and possibly have a halfway decent EUB for not a whole lot of money (comparitively).

Where I live, you could take that and set it out beside a junk shop, call it "folk art" and some yuppie would pay several thousand for it.

15. kezekiel

kezekiel

Sep 24, 2000

Exactly. "This extraordinary piece was handcrafted by Chilean peasant Enrique de los Bassos Novas while in a peyote-induced weeklong delerium. He considers it one of his finest works!"

16. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Holy cripes!!! That thing has more joints than the first Woodstock festival! My bet is it self-disassembles in time. The neck takes sort of a detour to the left where it meets the body when viewed from the back.

At least the guy isn't using that home-dried maple any longer. And he's using a Gibson EB/GR headstock design.

Funny that he uses all this good this good hardware and good pup on a bass that fundamentally has bad "bones." It's like putting a mahogany dashboard in a Daewoo.

17. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    The scariest part.....

Someone actually bought the thing. :eek:

18. Exactly what I was thinking... poor trees don't know what they're getting into... neither does the poor dude that bought the thing...

Put it this way, if I bought that, I'd kick my own ass.

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Darn...you beat me to it! ;)

What I'd like to know is this:

Who needs the psychological assistance more, the one who built it, or the one that actually parted with money for it? :D

20. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"Sapsucker, TX - A team from the F.B.I.'s Psychological Profiling Division concluded today that the man responsible for this wave of serial killings, known to local police as "The Bassist Butcher," was traumatized in his early childhood by being kept in a room with a bass his father reportedly bought from Internet auction site, Ebay.com., as punishment for his failure to respond to toilet training....."