the UGLYEST bass ever

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fleanut, Jul 26, 2001.

1. here is an opposite thread the the best looken bass thread currently posted. So lets see em. let "the uglyest bass" competion begin.........
  2. any strat style body now n days
    come on guys can we be alittle innovative!?
  3. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    I hate Danelectro.
  4. The Ellio Martina BT5-N2 doubleneck..

allthough it IS a dutch guitarbuilder, i defenately do NOT like this bass..

it looks like a friggin' christmas-turkey... bah :(
  5. Rivioli Style Basses (meant for guitar, not bass), Violin style (dat's old skoo, foo!), P-Basses, any Schecter, the Ibanez GSR series, the Warwick Dolphin (although I bet it plays like a dream), the B.C. Rich Eagle (ick ick ick, but the rest of B.C. Rich is great), the Ibanez EDC/EDB series, ...hmm I'll keep thinking on it...
  6. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001

you little *@^&#(*$&^(*&@^#($*&^$@$!!!!!!!!!
  7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I think this covers it...

8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    This topic does come up every once in a while, and I'll cast the same vote I always do:

Entwhistle's Buzzard bass. ~shudder~
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Bu dum ching

Everyone's a chameleon
  10. anything made by danelectro
  11. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    this time i'm not going to show an elephant taking a crap!!! Big Wheel, don't even dare to show that ugly peice of crap again.
  12. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    allright now whos with me on the p bass thing?? That was just an outrage.
  13. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    that was an outrage.
    p-bass = ugly? bull****!!!! a pre-cbs fender is the most beutiful electric bass guitar on the planet.
  14. hmm... i don't like the headstock-look of fenders..
    but then again.. i'd rather see a fender headstock than no headstock at all.. headless basses are yuckie-bah :( imho
  15. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK

The Emperor has no clothes! The Emperor has no clothes!

:D :D :D
  16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, that P-Bass comment did tick me off a little. i can understand if you dont like the body style. but this poll is the UGLYEST bass EVER. the p-bass is DEFINITLY not the uglyest bass ive seen. I agree with the danelectro haters......god...I think its the longhorn, or bighorn......all i really remember is how ugly it was.
  17. YESSSSS!!!!! Someone's finally did it!! Me too, me too!! I hate that bass....Sorry JT, no hard feeling please:D It looks like Conklin ran out of wood and just find anything and paste it together. Hehehe....that's just my opinion of course.

18. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    Hey lump - Now THAT one really hurts the eyes!:eek:

(unless, of course you really like it, in which case "Thats cool!" ;)
  19. hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like the lines of the double neck, but the wood colors always remind me of the rye-pumpernickel swirl breads. On the other hand, the bass sounds fantastic and if you have heard Lord Only, you know JT has the guns.

How about the 6 strings on eBay recently from the Genesis barn? Someone sold a bunch of gear used by Genesis. Amongst the items was a prototype 6 string that was ghastly. Sort of a wal body with walnut and big knobs, like off an old television. I wonder how the luthier changes channels now. Mark King's JD bass had big knobs, too. Go figure.

I like the p-bass looks.

Reverend Rumblefish basses are cartoonish in shape. I understand they sound good, though.
  20. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    we have a winner.