1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Ultimate 12? Barefaced vs Berg vs Boogie?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Hollar, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Not as in vogue here as they once were, but I've encountered few 12s I've enjoyed as much as my Accugroove Tri112Ls.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  2. dab12ax7ef

dab12ax7ef Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I am now a 1x12 believer. I just replaced my old 410 + 210 Eden rig with a Mesa Subway 112 & D800+. It is fantastic!!! I never used the Eden gear because of the size and weight. I’m sure the others mentioned by the OP are also killer but I just haven’t tried those. I want to eventually get a second 112, but honestly, one will probably suffice for 99% of my needs.

Pbassmanca and Jason Hollar like this.
  3. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar It Don’t Mean A Thing... Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    I like the form factor and looks of these ... but 38lb. I’m not a cupcake, but I am trying to make an investment in seriously lighter weight cabs.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  4. Jason Hollar

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    This is good to hear. I really do like the Mesa stuff.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. The specs on several sites are out of date. Current production version is only 31.4 according to the AG site.

Tri 112L

Pbassmanca and Jason Hollar like this.
  6. The Barefaced Big Baby II does seem to be the smallest / lightest / high SPL / Wattage / full range / Flat response cab on the market at the moment. It does all of those features combined better than any other cab at the moment. For a "one cab does it all" it ticks a lot of boxes.

7. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    A while back I bought a used DNA DNS-112 Micro. It's very small but has a 12" 400 watt neo in it. Very light, easy to schlep. Talk about deep bass and crisp highs! The cab has a huge specially tuned port that allows it to produce those extended bass notes with good umph behind it. Even a little GK MB200 sounds excellent with this cab! I highly recommend trying one of these small powerhouse cabs. 29 pounds.

dna dns112.PNG

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. Jason Hollar

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    I’d love to try a DNA cab - dumb question - do they still make them with rat fur?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  9. Jason Hollar

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Would something like the new Aguilar SL 112 even be worth considering? 25lbs...

Pbassmanca likes this.