Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Ultimate Bassman's Gigmobile

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by malthumb, Oct 3, 2003.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Another weekend, another super-cool vehicle for me to toy around with.

This time it's the Chevrolet SSR (Super Sport Roadster) truck that's about to hit Chevy showrooms in a month or two.

DETAILS: Two seat 300 hp V8-powered hardtop convertible pickup truck. Enough seating space for you and your favorite drummer (or the lead singer if she's seriously hot). A locked bed compartment suitable for hauling basses and a decently sized rig. A powered convertible hardtop for.....well, why not?

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    jeez!!!!

:eek:

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    The wood inserts would make any boutique bass owner proud. BTW - this is a sneak peak at my newest acquisition. Straight from the UPS depot. Hasn't even been in the house yet. Hanewinckel 6 string fretless, Arpeggio body style.

[​IMG]

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    This thing is a hoot to drive. I'm getting thumbs up & double takes everywhere I go. I'll be taking it and both Hanewinckels to my birthday party gig tonight.

[​IMG]

5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Wow!

I heard of it, nice pics.

Won't sell in San Antonio unless they call it 'El Camino' ...

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

WR - You're not RELATED to nojazzloco?

Tell me it's Not true!

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you mean that's not a brand new el camino?

:(

;)

9. wow, Bitchin Gigmobile! I kind of dig it...

10. looks like an S-10 on acid :p

seriously tho, looks neat, though i would still prefer a honda element over anything for gear carrying :)

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I love the future-retro look (said the PT Cruiser owner). :)

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My idea of the ultimate gig vehicle was a UPS truck.

13. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Check out my gig mobile....

[​IMG]

156,000 miles!!!

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Uhhh......where are the bumpers? If you get tapped by anything larger than a shopping cart, youre screwed.

15. good question, i didnt notice that!

my only guess is that somehow the body material is painted bumber (?) or thats a prototype model

16. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Well, thanks, but it's not my birthday. Already had one o' them this year ;) . I was playing at a birthday party gig.

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    It's all in the substructure. Lot's of vehicles are going this direction. Corvette's been there for years. Peel off the fascia and you'll see all kinds of honeycombs and rails for crash absorbsion and powertrain cradle crush dynamics.

It's great for styling....on the other hand, what looks a minor cosmetic repair could becom quite costly because of a need to replace parts not visible to the casual eye.

18. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Nope. Production intent. This vehicle can be (and likely will be) sold as is.