Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the ultimate care kit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wotnwhy, Jan 6, 2003.

1. i cleaned my bass for the first time last night. well, i've done quick cleans before, but this time i striped the whole thing down and gave it a proper going over :eek: .

when i started i didn't think my bass was dirty, just a bit of dust in the hard to reach places, but once i'd finished the job the bass looked 10 times nicer than it ever did, and felt better too!

so now i obviously want to keep it the way it is, so i will be cleaning it quite regularly and i'm going to put together a little kit of assorted things for cleaning and maintence (brushes, rags, tools ect.) for when i clean or repair it.

so, if you were going to put one together yourself, what would you have in it, or if you have one, what DO you have in it?

l8rz

Tom

2. If you have a rosewood board, a fingerboard cleaner (here in NZ we have one called Boogie Juice) is fairly essential, both for cleaning gunge off the sides of the frets, and for keeping the rosewood from getting too dry.

3. I've heard lemon oil for fretboards. Can't say I've had the courage to use it yet though!

4. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I uses Alembic's Lemon Oil and Alembic Guitar Polish