Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The ultimate ghetto amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  2. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i want to turn my big screen into a 215 810... that would be cool

3. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    This is actually the setup I use live. I have this and a 10x13" TV stack. all TVs are color and are HDTV ready. I'm thinking of upgrading a couple of my 13" Tvs for some 21"s to get some more Lows and MIDs out of my setup. We'll see. Its kind of tough going to Best Buy, though, with my bass and wanted to run ALL of their TVs through this, but once I convince them I'm serious, I bring DA house down!!!

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Hey - I've seen stranger!!

Sincerely,
    Geddy Lee

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    All it is is an 1/4 inch - RCA cable. You can get them at Radio Shak for like $4! I have one that I use to run my bass/DI into my tape deck for everyday recording. Ingenious!

Even the picture is ghetto! :D

6. Hi Geddy! :)

:rolleyes: :D

7. MMM, can't beat that quality Sony tone.

I bet these guys are givin' Ampeg a run for their money. Glockenklang better watch out...I'm sure that TV is both Hi-Fi, and a nice fat tone, all in one package... complete with 1 27" tube - State of the art technology here folks!

8. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I'm not trying to offend anybody who would do this but,

that is f-ing weak:spit:

9. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    LOL! Great post! Thats funny $hit.

10. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Whoa the tone! You guys talk all day about this 12ax7 or that KT88 when I'm kicking it with a 27" tube. I don't have to carry a rig any more as every bar has at least one TV. It's Bass in Da Face! People wonder how come they get visions of ER, WestWing or great sports plays on ESPN when they hear your bass playing. You are altering their conciousness without drugs! Now that's a good thing.

11. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    It puts a whole new meaning to playing a lick when theres a Depends ad on.

12. How do you hook up your bass to the TV? do you have to buy a special cable or somethin?
    thanks

13. anybody?

14. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    you need a special cable

15. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Pretty soon there'll be debates on TB about which is better, tubes vs. LCD :D

C'mon, can a flat panel display really handle a low B ;)

16. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    if you run the LCD's in parallel they sound great! I brought a friends 5 string over to Best Buy yesterday, and had the salesman hook up every LCD in the place. I plugged in and it absolutely rocked the house!!!!

17. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    Next week I'm going down to circuit City, I heard they got a huge selection of Plasmas. I got ANOTHER cable, so I'm going to bring in a Rich and hook up both cables to Plasmas on the left and Tubes on the right and I'll bringen da FUNK in the middle. Rockin it down at Circuit City, baby!!

18. where would i get this cable and wat is it called?
    thanks

19. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    Its the Jam-Out, Fizzle-Wizzle BlingBling 2000

20. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Seriously... The cable the guy was selling on ebay was simply a Y-splitter cable that had a female 1/4" jack on one-end and a pair of RCA Phono plugs on the other. This assumes that your TV has a pair of RCA audio input jacks. They can be found at Radio Shack for around $5.

Keep in mind that we've all just been fooling around here :D . It's really NOT such a good idea to plug your bass into your TV and start slapping all over the place... Unless you don't mind popping the speakers on that TV of yours :bawl:

- Frank.