1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Ultimate GI JOE collection!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I totally don't believe the part about him having kids.

lowsound

2. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    :rollno:

3. [​IMG]

Is it true?!

4. Those aren't GI Joes, they're GI Dwarves(no offence to little people or Snow White's troop). Real GI Joes are 3 times as long as your______ & often have life-like hair, a beard & Kung Fu grip.

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

Nerd.

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City

7. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    What is funny is all the congrats he is getting! :help:

8. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

That GI Joe collection sucks! I have the "Negro adventurer" He was cool as hell. He looked like O.J. Simpson with a little pink scar on his cheek.

9. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Hello Dork! :smug:

10. Want to know what is even funnier? The fact that syciprider was surfing ebay for GI Joes.

lowsound

11. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

And the leather gloves...

12. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    :D:D

13. Zing!

14. Porkchop Sammiches!

15. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire

:bag:
    I found them while searching for giant Japanese robot toys...

16. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    i loved the 12" tall GI Joes from the 60s and 70s. These seem insubstantial.

A few years back i was doing advertising for Hasbro. Went into their company store and found an entire aisle of GI Joe (selling below wholesale).

I bought a whole bunch of stuff just for the mad joy of it (as a kid I was pretty poor and would have to pick just one small item).

Brought it home and packed it away. But for a moment I was six years old and in GI Joe heaven.

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    one of my clearest memories of kindergarten was the day when i got the "junkyard dog" gi joe the morning before school. the entire day, i just couldn't wait until i got back home so i could play with it.

also around this time, there was this janet jackson song (i think) called "the best things in life are free." i couldn't comprehend it at the time--my reaction was, "g.i. joe's aren't free!"

18. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    My parents had a craft business when I was a kid and my sister and I would go to trade shows with them. One year when I was around 10, we were at the show and hanging out at the venue the day before the show when a friend of my dad's asked me if I wanted to help set up a toy display. The guy had one or a few of every piece of the 1985 GI Joe line that Hasbro was making that year and I got to unbox every one of those suckers and play with them all afternoon while setting the stuff up. One of the best days of 1985 for me. :)

19. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    30 grand, sheeesh

Those were the GI Joes I grew up with. I wonder how hard it is to find Shipwreck with his parrot. Polly was it? How original.

Now that I'm a bit older I'm a little disturbed that I once played with a toy that is nothing but a glorified version of the Village People