Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The ultimate humiliation for Princess Barbie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Goth Barbie, Feb 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On Friday, as i was casually walking along the hall in school, a strange German man took me by surprise. I recognized him as the violin teacher and head of orchestra.

He is not to be angered. He told me the worst thing i had heard since i was told Barbie was gonna get a healthier figure.

I HAVE TO PLAY DOUBLE BASS IN ORCHESTRA

Now i have nothing against double bass but i just look soooooooo much cuter not trapped behind sumthing twice the size of me. I am considering dropping school and becuming a stripper but i want to go to college sum day.

PWWWWWWEASE HELP PRINCESS GEORGIA by contributing ur suggestions on how i can get out of being a total GEEK

2. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Is being cute or becoming a better musician your goal?

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I've heard that stripping is an easy way to put yourself through college...

-robert

4. both. i can be cute and become a better musician at the same time. look at talena from kittie. She is sooooo hot and a great bass player.

And thanx for the tip on how to get myself through college. It has been taken into consideration and u will be invited to my first show.

[Edited by Goth Barbie on 02-04-2001 at 12:26 PM]

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think you should play the 2x bass, paint it black and be the only goth upright player around.

individuality rules. :D

6. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Hell, I dress in drag during stage shows. Individuality kicks ass!

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    or wear nothing at the stage...nudity kicks ass!

^Vampiria: 'cuz fairies wear boots and you gotta believe it!!^

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i know you are mad because talena never played double bass and now you think that is not cool or "dark" enough...

man, i would kill to play double bass (not in orchesta of course)...to me it´s a very cool instrument (even with all my metal-electronica-britrock-triphop background).

but don´t you kittie girls want to be opposite to "Cute"?

just kidding, it´s good to see girls interested in musical instruments (and see girls interested in bass!)...just for that Kittie gets my thumbs up.

9. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    What's this "HAVE TO" crap? Maybe I missed it in an earlier post of yours,
    but is the school subsidizing you somehow? Did they pay for your current rig or somethin' ?
    If not, be a pioneer - piss him off.

I thought Simon Weisenthal got rid of these butt-heads :confused: .

10. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
    Germany
    Go for it!

It will always be an enrichment for you to do something new. Why not start playing in an orchestra?

11. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I always try to do just what I want,not caring if others will think I'm a geek or something...and I think that this is the coolest thing one can do.

12. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Yeah Barb, if you were really cool and not phony high school cool, the you'd not think twice about how you look. When I was in HS I was cool in my own strange ways.

13. think of how many more kittie stickers you could fit on a double bass!

14. Goth chicks are cool!

Wait a minute that would be against what goths stand for if you are one. Aren't you supposed to be rebels or something? Why don't you look at it as a way to rebel against the millions of bass guitarists out there and also look at it as a way to expand your musical horrizons. I wish I had a chance to play Double! But I'm a punk and I am way to punk to play Double Bass HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Don't you love it!

Seriously I'm the punkest person there is!
    No I am.

Seriously!

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Goth Barbie, you are the one who has to make the decision but I wish that I would have had the encouragement and opportunity to take double bass when I was young.

I started on my own when I was 14 and am self taught. 20 years later, I am a good solid bass player, or so I have been told.

But I cannot imagine how good I would be if I had been playing upright for years and had a good solid theory background.

The only theory that I know is what I have taught myself.

If I had only known then what I know now, I would have gone for it.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Barbie -

The best advice I can give you here is this: If all the so-called "cool" kids :rolleyes: tell you not to do it, DO IT!

Be an individual, be yourself, and don't let anyone tell you you have to conform. The first person to tell this to is yourself :D.

By the way, learning the double bass is something you'll always be glad you did, so stick with it. I know I wish I had when I was your age, I'm just about to start now :eek:. My new toy should be in sometime near the middle of this month :D.

By the way, getting behind the double bass won't destroy your cuteness, anyone ever see Missy Raines? A damn fine player, and so beautiful too :).

17. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I don't know about everyone else's opinion, but I think the username "Goth Barbie" kicks ass!

-robert

18. Thank u for all ur looooooooovely advice 4 princess georgia. I have been considering and have decided to join orchestra !!!!! My daddy says he will buy my double bass if i join so now i need suggestions on how to decorate it !!!!!! AND my use of the word cute describes my kinda cute not like titney spears kinda cute.

CUTENESS. Hell, i'll gothify orchestra. Take over the world mwahhhhaaahaaaa.

19. and awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Thanx. U kick ass

20. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    The double bass is such a beautiful organ.Keep it as it is.It is sooooo classy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.