1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The ULTIMATE Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by smo, Jun 23, 2007.

1. That's incredible, I've seen this already done using a genIII but it was a trike. At least this one look every bit as slick as it should.

Man it would be heavy....

2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Freakin' SWEET!

A friend of mine just completed a bike powered by a flathead Ford but it isn't anywhere near the power (or the cool factor) as the Barbarian.

Australia ROCKS.

3. I want to see video of someone actually opening this thing up on the highway, and also maneuvering at speed.

Are there specs available on this thing? :confused:

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    No offense but V8 motorcycles are not new. They have been around since at least the late 80's that I know of.

Now, if you really want the "ultimate" motorcycle, how about a 500hp V10? :smug: I give you the Dodge Tomahawk...

2003DodgeTomahawka-small.jpg

motorcycle-11.jpg

5. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
  6. True, but I never said it was new, just that it's a road legal one in Australia. That IS new.:hyper:
    They've been on the drag scene for years as you said.

Over here there's a fella who has a Jet-Bike
    I have never personally seen it run myself, but AFAIK he uses it for burn-out pad shows and fireworks displays and stuff - I dunno if he is actually crazy enough to put it down the standing quarter...:meh:
    Check it out......:)
    http://www.madv8bike.com/index.html

And as to the dodge....WHOA NELLY!
    I wonder how that thing goes in the wet?

7. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
    The BOSSHOSS V8 bikes have been made since 1990, they are road legal (no reason to believe they wouldn't be in Australia), and are not drag bikes.

So you're saying it took "Aussie ingenuity" to finally make the exact same thing Americans have been producing for 17 years?

:eyebrow:

Listen, I ain't crackin' on Australia. Nice place, and I love your cars & your women...but V8 bikes new? Nope, this isn't new...only new to you. Sorry.

My cute "Welcome to last week" graphic won't cut it here....darn. Welcome to 1990.

:bag:

8. I'm not sure that dodge would turn to easy and is it using four wheels? Can you buy it and ride it legal?

If where talking about "ultimates" believe I have seen one better yet again, only problem is it's just plain ridiculous and borders on totally unusable.

The one shown on this thread looks like it can be used in the real world.

Here's a real monster

1000bhp, blown 8.2 litre from the UK
    [​IMG]

or

German built BMW V12
    [​IMG]

or

The one I was thinking of that has 2 x V12 engines Sorry no pic

Reality is that you could put in a jetliner rolls tubine but the original picture shows a bike you can ride just like a harley.

9. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
  10. (sigh)
    No - not at all. My first post doesn't say it's the first EVER V8 bike.....It's just that V8 bikes have been impossible to get registered for road use over here - until now.
    And yes...I do believe V8 bikes have been dragged raced for decades in most places of the world (including here) where any loopy speedster can turn a spanner.
    Read my first post, no need for raised eyebrows mate.;)
    Can we move on now?

As far as specs....
    430kg's Dry (claimed)
    1840mm wheel base with 32 degree steering head angle.
    246kW @ 5000rpm
    542Nm of Torque @ 3800rpm = 572kW per tonne! (power to weight ratio)
    I've been told it'll do 160km before it even hits 5000rpm - it only has ONE gear........
    And the retail price for this custom is ~$66,000 AUD

I read a review of one of these bikes, and the bloke said you will need to have big muscles just to move the clutch - never mind handle the bike......

11. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    thats nuthin. Chrysler made a motorcycle a few years ago that had a Hemi in it.

12. I have a customer that has/had several Boss Hoss's. They are amazing bikes but probably not something you would want to ride every day. They take a TON of effort to handle in around town riding. They are heavy, but cruise nicely on the highway. They sound like 4 Harley's and cost as much also. They have the power to keep up with a faster crotch rocket but can get DAMN squirrely doing so!! Been there, done that :D

www.ebosshoss.com

13. They use a hemi combustion chamber?

We could sit here all day measuring up who got the biggest. It's pretty common knowledge that the Japanese, Italian, German and English have the performance bike market stitched up. Now if you were talking about cruisers why even try to beat a Harley, you're wasting your time.

14. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I can't imagine how cool that would be to ride. Wouldn't want to lay it down however. :D

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021