The ultimate talkbass Fantasy Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tekhna, Mar 11, 2005.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    There have got to be other TBers out there who play fantasy baseball, so I figured let's get a thread going! I am really just getting started, learning to ropes with the help of my father so I am still a little up in the air. Where do you guys play? A friend of mine is getting a league together for our dorm on Yahoo, but as I understand it the fantasy situation is still a little up in the air due to MLB getting greedy.

So do you guys have any hints, or strategies that you don't mind sharing? General experiences, or are you guys just as excited as I am for the season to start?
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Jazzbo, are we goping to have one?

3. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm down to join, but I'm not nearly the baseball buff as I am with football. So, it might be better that someone else start it, and then I'd love to get by butt kicked - er, participate.
  4. I assume with fantasy baseball you need to update your roster every friggin day? I'd be down, I guess...not like I have much better to do with my time.
  5. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Couple years ago, I played in two(2) Talk Bass Fantasy Baseball leagues.
    One was spearheaded by that floating fat man...S***sburgh's own, Phatboi5. Where is he?!?
    I can't recall who led the other(a Yahoo League)

All youse need to know is a romped & stomped in both.
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I don't think you'd get yer butt kicked...not if you're half as lucky as you are in that football league.