1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Unofficial iPhone apps thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Sep 8, 2008.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Post your faves. Try and break them up into free and pay apps please.

I just got mine yesterday but so far I'm digging the following free apps:
    Pro Football
    To Do's
    Wootwatch
    Facebook
    Pandora

And for really wowing people that have never seen an iPhone before the free Labrynth LE app does nicely. It's amazing how the marble moves so responsively and realistically.

bc

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The only thing I use regularly is AccuFuel to keep track of gas mileage. Best $0.99 I've ever spent.

Labrynth was cool, but I deleted all my games, I'm too easily sidetracked as it is.

I don't use the facebook program either. I instead just have a desktop shortcut to the iphone facebook website.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    A few more free apps that I've been having fun with -
    Simplify Media - allows you to stream your entire music collection wirelessly through your iPhone. it can see music and playlists through iTunes, through Winamp or through your My Music folder.

Lightsaber Unleashed - This is hilarious fun that would have made me drop my jaw at 8 years old but still makes me laugh at 32 years old.

Karajan Beginner - free ear-training program that you can use to practice recognizing intervals, scales, chords, key signatures, etc..

PocketGuitar is .99c but it's a pretty freaking cool little guitar deal where you use the iPhone touch-sensitive screen to finger chords and strum. You can do acoustic, electric, electric bass, ukulele, alternate tunings of any kind, effects, etc... It's an amazing little program.

bc

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Incredible. I downloaded Lightsaber Unleashed and swung my phone around while waiting for a meeting to begin this morning. I was in tears before everyone showed up, and probably looked like an idiot.

Other than that, I use MProfs for Business/Marketing News and NYTimes for the rest of the news... Anaconda (you know, the snake game) and Cradle is cool for a virtual Newton's Cradle.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I had a lightsaber battle on the toilet last night.

bc

6. Just got my iPhone and am looking for a few apps to play with while on vacation and "bassless"

Has anyone tried - Don't Fret! Bass Fretboard Trainer

Has anyone tried the full $14.99 version of Karajan

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I spent the 4.99 on the Guitar Toolkit. It gives you chord configurations, what it sounds/looks like on a guitar/bass (4 and 5 string), uke, 12 string, mandolin and a few others. It also has a really good tuner built into it. I find myself using it a lot to check the key of songs that I'm listening to.
    I have all the ones you mentioned too.

FLASHLIGHT, is also a cool free one that I use quite a lot. I especially like the lighter option. I was recently heckling a drummer buddy of mine by holding it up during one of their softer ballad songs. He couldn't help but crack up.

8. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    iProcrastinate gets the most use, I'd say.

Along with that, I use the Facebook app from time to time, I pass time with NetManiak or Tris, and I use last.fm on campus grounds (because my ISP at home has a ridiculously low monthly bandwidth), thanks to the wireless network.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I like the phone app the most.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd say I probably use that one the least :smug:

11. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    The iphone pron grid is pretty good.

12. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I've got an ipod touch, but it's got the same apps. I've got a ton of stuff (mostly 3rd party stuff though, had a buddy jailbreak it):

SNES emulator
    NES emulator
    GBA emulator
    Various other games
    Weather
    Google Maps
    Graphing Calculator
    Currency Converter
    RealArtist (basically lets you tweak photos)

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I use that the least by far!

bc

14. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    jailbroken,

cycorder
    recorder
    snapture
    categories
    sportacular
    pdanet
    holdem
    whitenoise
    pandora
    shazam.

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Pandora, Facebook, a "Risk" type game, Labyrinth, a movie showtimes guide

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    This week I've been addicted to Aurora Feint. The other games I'm playing are Galcon Lite, Papijump and Cro Mag Rally. Also, I don't watch much TV but I downloaded this little free i.TV app that is small and fast at telling you what's on. It also movie showtimes. They claim that upcoming features include streaming TV and remote DVR programming.

bc

17. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hey that sounds pretty cool.

18. I have the touch, and I'm enjoying the following:

Annotater - It lets you import a PDF, and then make notes on it and send it back to your computer.
    Flashlight
    Cro-Mag Rally
    SportsTap - Sports scoreboard program
    Billy Frontier
    Solitaire

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I tried Spotrs Tap. I thought Sportacular was better so I switched.

bc

20. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I use Sportacular. FWIW.