1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The unusual sandwich thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassyBill, Nov 12, 2010.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Okay, we haven't done this for a while, I don't think. Post your unusual sandwich combos that you think go down really well. Maybe something that would get you a very puzzled look if you tried to order it in your local sandwich place.

I'll start us off...

Roast a chicken.
    Let it go cold.
    Hack chunks off. And I don't mean thin slices.
    Butter some nice crusty white bread.
    Arrange chunks of chicken on bread.
    Season the above with generous lashings of - get this - SOY SAUCE. The very dark, rich sort is my preference.
    Add top slice of bread.
    Eat sandwich.

This is heavenly stuff I'm talking here. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

2. here is one i used to do when i was little.

salami, nacho cheese doritos, ranch dressing and mustard on white bread.

3. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    ^^ I can dig, like a Chinese chicken sandwich, I'll try that....as long as you try my seaweed and pitta bread ; )

4. Peanut butter & bananas with honey. On whole wheat.

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I could definitely go for that. I love seaweed.

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    scrambled eggs, miracle whip on wheat toast :)

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Peanut butter and bacon.

yum.

8. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    I've never tried this but a neighbour of mine, now deceased, liked raspberry or strawberry jam and leek sandwiches.

I never could get my head round that but one of my favorites is peanut butter and banana, next time I will try honey as well, thanks for the tip Jim.

9. I on a grilled cheese sandwich kick, trying different breads and cheeses some times adding some sliced ham or turkey.

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Pork roll sandwich.
    I qualify it as "unusual" simply because it's a regional thing here and I'm not sure how many of you guys have ever tried it?
    You just do NOT know what you are missing.
    Imagine a salty, baconesque (it does have a flavor reminiscent of bacon), fatty slab of fried meat, dripping with fat...served on a thick roll of good bread and slathered with yellow (not brown!!) mustard.
    Oh god yessss..

11. This time of year, with lots of leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.

The Turkey Dinner

- turkey breast with skin
    - stuffing
    - mashed potato
    - gravy
    - cranberry sauce

On fresh baked white bread.

12. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    That must be hotdog mustard to be 'slathered', few would be able to tolerate (or want) more than a smear of Colemans English (yellow) mustard. Bill will testify to this I am sure.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking hotdog mustard, I love it but it is a completely different condiment to English mustard.

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    We actually have Coleman's here. I'm not really sure if it's the same as what you have over there, but I love it as well.

But regardless - yes, a cheap yellow hot dog mustard works best on pork roll IMO. It's not the "heat" your after so much as it's the musical blend of salty goodness with the tang of the mustard.

14. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    You should try bacon and nutella. Delicious.

15. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Avocado, banana, bacon sandwich. so good.

16. My melted sandwich of choice: Chili, Ham & Cheese on Toast... hot sauce optional.

17. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    For unusual I'll go all vegetarian on y'all.

Grilled ortega chili, tofu, and cheese - grilled in garlic butter. MMMMM!

18. I do pretty much this, w/good old traditional jelly, but I put the PB & banana(ideally very squishy)between two slices of toasted bread, then butter the top, ad jelly, butter one more piece of toast & glue it down- VOILA: The Triple Thorndecker(my last name is Thornbrugh)

19. Alone for the night so I just tried this and man are you a genius. The sandwich. Thank you times 10. Most delicious sandwich ever. You guys gotta try this.

20. +1. Though Nutella goes great on nearly anything. Pancakes, crepes, waffles, apples, bananas, ladies, bacon, or straight from the jar with a spoon.

:p