Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Urge

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Superdave, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    If anyone is into hype ska/reggae/funk, check out this band. They recently broke up (in 2001), but they had a reunion show December 19th.

Definately the best show I've ever been to. A few of their albums: Receiving the Gift of Flavor ('95), Master of Styles ('98), Too Much Stereo ('00). Great songs: Brainless, All Washed Up, Where Do We Go, It's Gettin Hectic, Jump Right In.

On a similar related note, anyone know how horn players (trombone, saxophone), make horn lines over songs? Do they stay in the same key, etc?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have MOS, and I loved it!

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Check out the other two, they are going on eBay for 8 cents each, which is an awesome deal for such great music.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have all three albums, I really liked those guys! Broke up huh......no wonder I haven't seen any new stuff from them in awhile:(

5. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm looking to get Magically Delicious, it came out before Receiving the Gift of Flavor.
    It sucks that they broke up. One kickass band.

6. good news for you guys, they recently began touring again. They're from STL, so here in MO, they have a hardcore fanbase. I dont' know about studio work yet, but they're definately touring again. If you're near MO, check them out at the Blue Note in Columbia next month, it's the best place to see them. I had the luck of seeing them in one of their last shows before splitting on my; 18th birthday, crazy live show.

7. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Really? I've only heard of their three December shows at The Pageant. I went to the 19th, a kick ass show.

My friend knows Steve, and he said they weren't getting back together, just a few reunion shows. I hope they do start up again, it would definately be some kick ass news.