1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The US Peaveys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SwagAttack, Jul 23, 2012.

1. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    What is the best of the cheaper US made Peaveys? I was looking at getting a cheap foundation or dyna. I don't know too much about Peaveys, so I thought I would ask.

2. I know Furies, Foundations, and Patriots can be found for $200 and under, with Foundations probably being the most versatile of the three. I'm not too familiar with Dynas, but I'm sure someone else here is. T-40s are pretty awesome sounding too, and very versatile, but those things are like anchors and usually go for around $350.

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Look for a G-Bass. An absolute winner--and can usually be inexpensive.

4. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    Hard to go wrong with a U.S. made Peavey. Buy the best you can afford. Personally, I love the Foundation.

5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Millenium

6. Foundations are the best all around bass- simple, solid, decent players & great tone especially the earlier ones with the Super Ferrite Pickups. Dyna basses are essentially Foundations with an active preamp and in some cases a better bridge. The PV DynaBass circuit is only so so but it does have a by pass on the early editions.
    T-40 is a great bass if you can deal with the weight.

7. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    IMHO, the Millennium line, while somewhat tricky to find at super-cheap prices (usually in the $400-500 range from what I've seen, with the occasional one slipping through at sub $200) are absolutely stellar, even at higher prices. I own 2 and am constantly on the lookout for more, but my budget forces me to find super deals. They are my main axe now, displacing my EBMM StingRay 5, which I played for about a decade.

8. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Let's say "inexpensive" = $300 or less. My list is, in order of personal preference:

US Millennium ($300)
    G-bass ($300)
    Palaedium ($300)
    Dyna Unity ($200)
    Dyna bass ($250)
    Axcelerator ($275)
    Foundation ($150)
    Fury ($150)

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

The prices listed above are the standard low end "pretty or pristine" can double the listed prices --- still fantastic deals

10. Anaughtybear

Anaughtybear Guest

Apr 3, 2012
    Fargo, ND
    Ooh, Super Ferrite... Yeah.

11. US made Peaveys are all fantastic basses, that's why most folks who dig Peaveys owns more than one. Everyone I have played has it's merits. The Millennium is my all around favorite. The features, tone and playability are outstanding.

I also own a Koa bodied Peavey RSB that plays and sounds better than many basses I have played with big price tags.

12. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Go with a Foundation. Best bang for your buck,especially the earlier 90's models.