Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Used!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by soadx, Aug 14, 2002.

1. soadx

soadx

May 27, 2002
    Hey guys, any The used fans here?? Their new single is gonna be "The Taste of Ink", it'll be getting radio play very soon. If You've never heard of the used check out some mp3s here:

http://web.neuroticmedia.net/dl/4750/149/The_Used-The_Taste_Of_Ink.wma

They're an awesome live band with a unique style. Also if you're going to ozzfest, they're part of the second half.

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah I like them. I've only heard 2 songs but I like both of them. If you like Thursday or Thrice then you might like The Used.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Because of the topic and the smiley-face there, I thought you ment you were used.. Seen American Pie, right?

"I've been used! ..I've been used? YEAH!!" :D

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Recordings.

5. I'm a fan, I saw them with Goldfinger, and then again at Warped this year, they're a great band, very similar style to Thrice, who I also like. Good stuff. Great screams, and still a good voice. I met the singer actually, at the Goldfinger show in May, he's a crazy guy. They're from Utah, I didn't think they allowed music there. Just kidding (that's a BASEketball reference)

6. Ugh, if they are *anything* like thrice, Ill stay a million miles away.

Thrice is to hardcore as Blink is to crust punk.

No, I am not being sarcastic

7. I haven't listened to a ton of Thrice, but I thought it was good stuff when I listened to it, what's wrong with them? I respect an opinion, but only when it's backed well.

Chris

8. They are really mainstream, you know how tool's fans kind of ruin the band, it is like that with Thrice. I wouldn't be surprised if they are on MTV soon, and *soften* up the music as well. It just doesn't sound authentic to me.