Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Useless Facts Thread...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chips, May 30, 2004.

1. Hello badgers,

Got any useless information to share with the world?... why not post it here....

#1-The average lifespan of an eyelash is 150 days!

now, that might come in handy one day ;)

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    This thread has been done before. Twice!

3. whoa!
    alright heres one
    1.68 is the number of all life, if you take the legnth of your finger and divide it by the legnth of the middle part, it will equal 1.68, if you take a sunflower and divide its whole width by the width of the center part, it is 1.68. There are some other things to use that trick with, i don't remember what they are. (Don't flip out if the number isn't 1.68, i think i remember that being the number, but I'm only 1.68% sure :meh: )

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    ummm... Badger :confused:

5. yeah, you know, its kinda like a wombat

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    yeah yeah yeah badger... well aware of the critter

Definition:
    1.) [n] sturdy carnivorous burrowing mammal with strong claws widely distributed in the northern hemisphere
    2.) [v] persuade through constant efforts
    3.) [v] annoy persistently; "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"

just questioning the reference

7. At the Post Office in Tarpon Springs Florida, the chain on the pen on the right of the large addressing table has exactly 111 little balls.

Look it up! :p

8. In fact, that number is very close to the "Golden Number" related to the golden ratio used in architecture and art as well as other disciplines.

As I recall the ratio for 3d objects is 1:1.6:.66. This ratio W x H x D can be used to make a decent sounding speaker box if no other parameters are known for the driver.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    actors in gunfights often wear sunglass (Terminator, Matrix, etc)... not to look cool, but actually to hid the fact that they are blinking uncontrolably with each shot fired

:cool: I'll be back :cool:
    (after I change my shorts from all this gun play)

:D

10. Many extra's in movies are told to say "rutabaga". The word has a lot of mouth movements to it, so they tell extra's in movies to say in any direction, and it looks like they are having a side conversation.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...crap. I have conversations in real life using nothing but that word. (Much like the "Dude" bits in Baseketball and Dude, where's my Car?) Does this make me a bad person?

12. thats sad....you need a hobbie

13. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Useless (for me, no doubt someone else uses it) fact:
    The base number of the natural logarithm is 2.718281828459045 - I have never been able to forget that number, with all those digits; nor have I ever had any use of it.

14. I've read somewhere that poisonus scorpians don't attack in prime numbers.

:eyebrow:

15. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    If you take a number that is all one's, for instance
    11,111,111 and times it by itself the product will be asscending and descending in order.

Example:
    11,111,111 x 11,111,111 = 123456787654321

If you use an extremely long number, it gets wacky but there is still a order in the product.

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    If you hold a bird upside down it becomes hypnotised.

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    There's a "bassist" in korn named Fieldy.

18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I hear that a bass player named Jaco only needed 4 strings.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a bellybutton.

20. Bees suck.