Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The useless thread situation has only gotten worse...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Nov 19, 2003.

1. since my leave of absence. Don't you off-topic kids have jobs or something. Why do you think we care about your friends falling on bikes or your love for Ramen noodles? Christ atleast post something funny.

2. Word!

3. Um..the friend falling and totally messing himself up on his bike was reasonable - people post stuff like that - just like when someone is in the hospital and people post something about it - people like prayers and to have people thinking of friends/loved ones. Ramen Noodles, well, um...it's MM ;)

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Your mom, eric.

5. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    A meaningless thread for a meaningless thread makes talkbass bland.

Posting a thread about dumb threads is not really any better, in my humble opinion. But then again, responding the them doesn't really help.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Dear Eric.

You whine to much, maybe you need a life more than the "OT Kids" if you have nothing better to do then whine about threads you don't even have to look at.

What would you call a person that reads threads he knows is going to upset him?

Or what would call a person that gets UPSET PERIOD over a little thread?

I think you need to go to some other high class fourm, like "Stuck up idiots" or something. Sounds good, no more whiny threads from you, and more fun over here.

7. agreed completely, this kinda thread is no different than those you complain about :meh:

but polly, heed your own words ;)

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106210

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    It's not funny. But I'm not whining to put myself above everyone else, as if the "OT Kids" were beneath me. Thats just a way to make people feel better about themselves.

I still love TB as it is, I wouldn't change a thing.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Yes you would. You would make me and you super mods. We have discussed this thoroughly.

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I like cheese to, Mike.

And no, gum is NOT a dog.

I swear, you make NO SENSE sometimes.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    But what is sense? If you are speaking of things you can smell, taste, see, and understand, then sense is simply a series of electrical impulses running through our brains.

12. :eek:

did he just have a series of intelligent words? :confused:

:D

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Great, another chance for me to steal and/or slightly modify a line from a movie.

I actually have quite an extensive vocabulary; I just chose not to employ it.

14. too funny..this thread rocks:bassist: keep it going please!

15. but someone needs to complain about worthless threads! All during the summer there were millions of them. Now everyone has given in and just let off-topic run rampant. If I don't complain, who will?

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Go complain to paul then. No one else seems to care.

17. i think its the general consensus (not to mention common sense) if a thread doesnt appeal to you, dont click it...

as long as they arent breaking any rules then you have no right to complain.

:spit:

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I like big butts and I cannot lie... you otha brotha's cant deny...

19. ...when a girl walks in with that itty bitty waste and that round thing in your face you get...

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Right on man, I couldn't agree more. There are cliques on every level though, I've asked a certain fellow mod a question I needed help with, and couldn't even get a reply on it.