1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The usual "I feel like crap for a variety of reasons" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Aug 20, 2007.

1. lately I just have been genuinely unhappy for no reason...Part of it's cuz of this piano exam (it's huge, and for the last one for the major that I might just not go with) that I had postponed till the end of this summer and the beginning of the semester (from last) because I had bronchitis. and part of it is just the want to just be left the **** alone by everyone: my friends in my dead-end band, my family, my college friends, everyone. So what if it's not right, I need real time to sleep and clear my head. going even further than that, i'm starting to find it hilarious that I am a musician, in the fact that for the last few years I've ended up concentrating my efforts in a form of music that almost noone in this post-hardcore/pop-punk/pop culture listens to, and i can't help but think I've managed to completely alienate myself. I don't know what to do these days with myself, between all this, and the refiguring out what I'm going to do for a living in a music studies major as opposed to the education degree I've been chasing

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I've been feeling unhappy lately too.
    But I don't mind because that feeling is always followed up with something awesome.

I have found that it all evens out; and with how I've felt lately, I'm in for something GOOD!:)

3. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    i've also been feeling quite down for a while now. unfortunately, tomorrow school will have replaced most of that feeling with boredom/automatic behavior; it's a shame, i've grown somewhat attached to feeling down.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Thanks for reminding me what being a music major felt like. I didn't want to miss it at all ;).

Take up a hobby. Maybe eat better. Take up a physical sport. Some kind of energy release that's not related to music at all. My school had dodgeball every Tuesday night. That was awesome.

5. Every artist/musician goes through this. Every time they do, especially after it's been a while and I have soaked up more and got better....the realizations get a little heavier.

Dude, I just blew over 20K$ on an audio engineering degree, only to realize that it's not what I want to do. Industry people are fake, fragile and trendy: Not my style, I'm joining the Navy. I want to stand for what I've had the liberty to enjoy. MHO

I'll ALWAYS be a musician, f**k man, my Bass is the only thing that kept me going for a while.

Be introspective, only you know what you want to become. It's never too late to start something.

6. i think since i have some free time on mhy hands i'm going to try and wake up at a reasonable hour (before noon every day) and give it 2-3 hours a day until i finally have things right so when i go back on the third things settle

7. I just got ditched by the second big crush in my life. In the same fashionable way as the first I might add. "Oh, I am so flattered. You are such a great guy. And there is plenty of fish in the water, the right girl is waiting around the corner!"

Oh yea please.. They could atleast try to be oriinal when they break my heart!

And before any advice might show up. I am to unattractive to play the cool card! The dreaded friend zone is allmighty!

8. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Jeez man, I've felt sh***y all summer, and have been down especially lately. I'm just hoping to figure out what to do with my life, cause I honestly have no idea, and the saddest part is that I still lack any motivation to make my life better. I know I'd be happier in the long run, but I just can't do it.

School starts in 2 weeks :(

9. haha at least your honest with it....ditto on that...lol as Borat would say "There were good times, and there were $H!T times. mostly $H!T times."

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Shut up and play reggae. :)

11. SHUTUP GANJA DOESN'T SOLVE EVERYTHING! :D

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    No it doesn't, but combined wih reggae it comes damn close. ;)

13. lol one last post before I hit the sack:
    I stay loyal to the crossover thrash