1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The V-bass w/o the roland pick up?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Badmuthaplucka, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Badmuthaplucka

Badmuthaplucka Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    So what are the limitations of using the V-bass with out the roland PU? Is it better than the boss 6B or the line 6 live?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Can't compare it to either you've mentioned, but I'd see it as pretty much on par w/ the Boss unit if you can't use any of the COSM effects or bass models or anything.

3. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    Okay here's the deal.

I have a V-bass on hold right now for $299. I may have to get rid of my Akai Deep bass synth pedal to swing it. No GK pick up but I may be able buy one latter. So is it worth it?
    :bag:

4. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I'd say, "Go For It"!! You can find the pickup later and they are not that expensive.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    definitely

6. Antman3820

Antman3820 Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Toms River, NJ
    I had one and used it with out the gk PU and it was fine. Nice unit, just not for me at the time. Enjoy it

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    For $299 you really can't go wrong. I'd HIGHLY recommend finding a GK-2B or -3B later, but at that price you can still have LOTS of fun without it.

8. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    Okay I got it !

I'm going to mess with it right now. For refreance I will be using an Audiophile/Music Man and a Focus SA amp and maybe my eden 410XLT. I'l' let you guys know what I think.:hyper:

9. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    Okay. I'm at a crossroads. All though I don't have the Gk pick up I've been toying with the V-bass. The number options are very impresive. The question is is it worth getting rid of my Akia Deep Bass synth pedal? Opinions?:confused:

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    with the GK pickup, I'd say yes for sure. The divided output from that per string gives you so much better tracking.