The value of a used bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grufolo, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Grufolo

Grufolo

May 1, 2020
    Italy
    Hello all,
    I'm trying to buy a D'Angelico EX Bass (ad here: D'ANGELICO GUITARS EX BASS HOLLOW BODY - #6167682 - su Mercatino Musicale in Bassi Elettrici 4 corde) that should be in mint conditions + the original hard case.

I negotiated an exchange of said bass + 100€ for an Eastwood classic 4 ( which I bought for 400€) and a Mexican fender P bass I got for 400€.

Since the D'Angelico will likely be unable to supply the same tone the Fender P had, I am thinking the exchange may not be exactly a good one. What do you think the price of the D'Angelico EX Bass should be?

Am I being stupid trying to exchange my short Eastwood classic for a long-scale bass with the same looks? Are D'Angelico basses really worth the price difference?

What would you pay for it?
    Would 700€ be a good price? Am I being ripped off?

Thank you in advance.
    Andrea

2. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Personally, I think you're giving up too much. There shouldn't be money on top of the 2 basses in my opinion. I can't speak to the quality of the D'Angelico cause I've never played one. I also have no idea how you feel about the P bass or the Eastwood. If you don't like either, then trade them away. If you do, then keep them and save your money up for a new bass.

Grufolo likes this.
  3. Grufolo

Grufolo

May 1, 2020
    Italy
    Hey sorry, maybe I did not explain properly. I'm not a native English speaker.
    I will receive 100€ plus the D'Angelico for my 2 basses, of the deal goes through.

I still think I'm giving up the Fender P and it is a thought that feels awkward

Reedt2000 likes this.
  4. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    In that case it's not a bad deal (don't tell the rest of TB, but I don't like P basses either... :roflmao:).

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021