the very best rack tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kheos, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    I want a tuner, don't care if I can call my aunt in australia, just want something to tune my bass.
    I like blinking lights and moving needles, or blinking displays or just anything which shines, blinks or moves.
    I don't want to pay for something which is carved out of some holy mountain in some barren country no one ever heard of which was filled by mad russian scientists with craploads of electronics stolen from some roswell spaceship .

I was thinking of the korg dtr1000, but was wondering if there were any alternatives
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    free bump

too much cash Kheos? I didn't knew you had a rack btw ;)
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    The best one is obviously the most expensive one. Duh. ;)
  4. I would get the KORG DTR-2000, as opposed to the 1000. It's got far more features, such as a built in mic, 2 line-in's on the back, 3 tuning modes (Frequency, Cent and Strobe) and other things the 1000 just doesn't have. You can check out the differences at their website.

And really, as long as you don't shoot your rack out of a cannon, you'll never need to buy another one, ever. The extra cost is totally worth it, and it looks killer in your rack, plus it's got an LED under it to light up your gear.
  5. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    +1 That's what I have also. It may be overkill, but I like it.
  6. I use the DTR-1000 I think. Never needed the extra fancy features of the 2000, and you still get the fancy blinking lights, the only really important feature. Really gives your rack the Cylon look, with the red light waving back and forth.

7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You guys make me seem primitive. I guess a DTR-2 ain't good enough for the rest of you.
  8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I like that.
  9. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Korg DTR-2000 nuff said!
  10. Steve

Aug 10, 2001

Either the DTR1 or the D2000
  11. Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    yeah, but that's what I sais in my first post. I want something to tune my bass. I'm don't need a mic, because it keps messing up things when tuning. Sure, I can switch it off probably but then what's the use in having it? I would have no idea why it's good to have 2 line in's in the back and I'll only need one kind of tuning, thank you very much.
    I like the switching lights, but I don't like too much hassle. so the 2000 is O-VER-KILL for me.
    what's that dtr-2?
  12. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
  13. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA