1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by J. Crawford, Sep 14, 2008.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I did a search, saw posts for "Video Game Music", and the recent "Video game plots different than movies" thread, but not a video game thread itself.

Anyone else here play video games? I dont mean a once a year thing with the kids, like someone who plays pretty often, owns a newer age console, and/or has online?

I am a HUGE Call of Duty 4 junkie, I think Im at 25 days in game online. I know... its sad, but I dont have much of a life other than bass and CoD4.

Anyone else a nerd like myself?

xXTheIncubusXx, if you play Call of Duty 4 on Xbox live.

2. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    I really enjoyed San Andreas but I became bored once I had beaten the game. I never tried the online gaming thing but I could probably spend hours at it......

Eventually I sold my PS2 and used the time I had spent playing San Andreas to work through Tony Oppenheim's Slap It!.

Now I can slap and pop. Result!!

Funny thing is I found I could maintain concerntration in the game for about 30 minutes before I stopped making progress. I organised my bass practice in 30 minute chunks and progressed at a good pace.

I think video games (apart from being good fun, a waste of time really, but still good fun) are a great way to measure your ability for concerntrated learning.....

3. My Xbox is dead, I had a few games on that. Though now the only thing I get to play (I don't have too much time to do so now) is Battlefield 2 and occasionally Rollecoaster Tycoon 3.... oh yeah I'm l33t.

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I wasnt expecting anyone to throw a l33t out until later in the thread. Very nice!

5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm a big gamer, but unfortunately, at the moment I have no way to play games. :( My PC is on the verge of exploding and refuses to run anything without crashing, and my Xbox's power supply exploded in a power surge. But I should be getting a new PSU soon so at least I'll be able to play GTA:IV.

Oh and to top it all off, we are switching ISP's at the moment so we are temporarily on really crappy wireless internet until we switch to the new ISP. :crying:
    That means incredibly slow speed, not even good enough to watch YouTube well. OH THE HORROR!

I am really looking forward to some of the good looking Xbox games due for release soon! :hyper:

Fable II
    Fallout 3
    Wolfenstien

:D

6. I am definitely a gamer. I don't game every day, but when I do I'll usually get several hours in. Currently working on Disgaea (on PSP). You gotta love games where the main storyline takes about 30 hours to beat, followed by several hundred hours worth of post-game things to do. I have yet to hit the 100 hour mark though, thats a bit bunch to sink in to one game, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

And as for online games, I just got back in to Warhawk.

7. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    I'm still trying to beat Spore... I'm 85% of the way through the space stage, but that final push is taking a while.

8. I definitely hit the 100+ hour mark on Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 (DS), and I still only have 3/4 of the game complete (finished the main story ages ago, but have 100 missions left on the side).

I'm pretty big into gaming. I've got a Wii, a PS3, and a DS, all of which get fairly regular play (the DS most of all, haha). I play at least a few hours a week.

I'm also huge on old-school SNES RPGs, and am playing through a couple with my girlfriend right now. :cool:

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I sell all my old games for new ones, the only ones I've kept are CoD4, Halo 3 and GTA IV. Currently playing Mercenaries 2.

10. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I've moved sort of in and out. I'm a huge fan of the Xenosaga series, avid fan of Final Fantasy, Counter Strike/CS source, Starcraft, WoW, Halo 3, Day Of Defeat, Age of Empires series, Spore, and World in Conflict. At least this is what I own currently, though I haven't touched anything in months XD. I'm more of the hey new game play for a week then put it back and touch it 6 months later :p. Can't really sit down for more then 2 to 3 hours at a time and play anything. Except eroge...

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I really like RPGs - I have a PS3 and Oblivion was great - am enjoying Overlord - Rasing Hell! :)

12. I really, really tried to like Oblivion. I read all of the reviews and people singing praises for it, and I pegged it entirely as my kind of game. I bought the Game of the Year edition with both expansion packs and was really excited to get into it, and I was only able to get maybe 3 or 4 hours into it before getting really bored with it.

13. STEAM mostly for me. Team Fortress Classic, Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source, Garrys Mod, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Deathmatch.

I play on a daily basis, mostly on TF2 and DOD:S though.

Anyone wanna add me out there I'm TheReaper214.

Oh and I have a PS2 that I basically use for just Resident Evil 4, I just FINALLY beat the game entirely, with all treasures, weapons, and mercenaries missions completed.

I'm thinking about picking up Mercenaries 2 for PC too, anyone play it yet?

14. I was the same way with Crysis. It's fun for a few hours but it gets sooo boring and repetitive.

15. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Been playing VGs since the Atari 2400. Back then my fave was Empire Strikes Back.

These days I play mostly RPG, RTS and sneaking games like Splinter Cell and MGS4 but once in a while I will fire up COD4 for PS3 and play with my friends (ID: syciprider)

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm a hardcore videogamer (16 year addiction for me). Just picked up Too Human, Warhammer: Battle March and Mercs 2 for the 360 today, but I'm still playing Bully: Scholarship Edition atm. What a game!

17. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    I love playing CoD4 on Xbox Live. Tag is JacoKierkegaard.

Right now I'm playing a lot of Fable and Guilty Gear X2: #Reload which I got from Xbox Live for 15 bucks. Fable's got me interested in Fable 2 which is coming out next month, so I'll probably be playing that next. I also like Forza 2, but I didn't really care for the online mode.

18. I'm a huge PC gamer. I have a PS2, but the only games I play on it anymore are the Gran Turismo series.

On PC, I'm really big on this one free MMOFPS called WarRock that I've been playing since the closed beta in '06, and havn't been able to quit since.

About the only other games I play with any regularity are CoD4, Crysis, and Garry's Mod.

19. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I quite often post over on the forums at www.oxm.co.uk (Official Xbox Magazine). So far, I've had two quotes printed in the magazine through my username Chris2112.

20. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    How does "bully" compare to say GTA?

It's a Rockstar game IIRC......