1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The View from atop The Great Pyramid

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Mar 25, 2013.

1. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Wow, I think I can see the Illuminati from up here!

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Egypt's lucky to have tourism of any sort these days.

3. I'd say the security guards won't be working at the Pyramids any longer.

Mike

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Sweet! I'm a big fan of high places!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, those guys could've really messed up those pyramids.

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    They could have carved their names in the limestone up top, we don't know they didn't (nor anyone else over the centuries either). If they just let people go up their on their own that will eventually happen.

7. It's a pyramid scheme, I tell you!

Mike

8. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Hmm. When I visited Cairo about 10 years ago, you could go into two of the three Giza pyramids and touch the base layer, but there was a strict 'no climbing' rule.

However, it soon became apparent that greasing palms with the right amount of silver would result in a blind eye being turned.

These things have stood for many thousands of years...I doubt a few scampering humans would have that much effect in all honesty. However, it does seem disrespectful somehow.

9. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

A few scampering humans won't, but if you're going to allow one person to go up, you have to allow everyone to go up, and that DOES do tremendous damage over time. All kinds of historical monuments around the world are in danger due to the effects of human activity. I'm not concerned about these individuals as much as I am about all the additional tourists who may now get it into their heads to do the same thing.