The Village, please read.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Jul 30, 2004.

1. It sucked.

PLEASE DON'T GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE! You will probably ask for a refund, and that will annoy me. Only go and see this movie if you have nothing else better to do with $10 and 2 hours of your time.

I was able to see it tonight because I work at a theatre. Earlier today, when we recieved the film, there was actually a notice from M (I refer to him as "M" because it makes me look cool) instructing us not to adjust volume levels, because there will be moments when there are only whispers, and moments where there will be loud scary noises. He said that these moments "juxtapose" one-another (I may be wrong, but I think that juxtapose wasn't the right word he was looking for), and it would ruin the film if we were asked by a customer to lower or raise the volume.

There was probably 2 moments where people were whispering, and only one loud scary noise. :eyebrow:

Oh, and you will probably catch on to the surprise twist ending about 20 minutes into the film. Hell I already had one twist figured out before I saw the movie.

Anyway, its late, I'm going bowling.
  2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm still going.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's what I've been reading... the "twist" is only that if you're in a cave. On Mars. With your eyes closed. And your fingers in your ears.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If I may be permitted to quote Ebert: of a British TV puppet show that ran from 1964 to 1966. "While its failure to secure a U.S. network sale caused the show to be canceled after 32 episodes," writes David Rooney in Variety, "the 'Supermarionation' series still endures in reruns and on DVD for funky sci-fi geeks and pop culture nostalgists." I quote Rooney because I had never heard of the series and, let's face it, neither have you. Still, I doubt that "funky" describes the sub-set of geeks and nostalgists who like it. The word "kooky" comes to mind, as in "kooky yo-yos."
  5. rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I keep see'ing these Village threads and I think it is about the apartment community i live in...........
  6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yeah, Thunderbirds was great. I had the toys growing up. Captain Scarlet was fun too. I'd forgotten all about Stingray. Remember Joe '90?

And Smash, my family went to North Wales on holiday a few years in a row when I wasn't even in my teens. We went to Portmeirion (where the Prisoner was filmed), was fun.

Be seeing you...
  7. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Did you know the M, stands for Manoj...
  8. Thanks. :D
  9. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Anyone remember "Supercar"?[​IMG]
    Or Fireball XL-5?[​IMG]
  10. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hehe, gotta love Skillman/Greenville area, I used to live in Timber Creek myself :)
  11. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    For the last 10 years. :) Great Simpsons reference! :D
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've been trying to go bowling for a couple days, but the local lanes are always packed :meh:
  13. rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Yup you gotta love all the women around here...... :D
  14. I just watched it and agree that it sucked! I didn't know I could get a refund?? Can I get one if I go back?
  15. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  16. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Doesn't matter, man. They can never give you two hours of your life back.

brad cook
  17. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I thought this thread was about Greenwich Village. :confused: :rollno:
  18. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the twist is that it's all a dream, right? :ninja:
  19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, it ends like that one Daffy Duck cartoon, where the screwball animator turns out to be Bugs Bunny. Only, it's Shayamalan behind the chair.
  20. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I thought maybe it ended with the monster turning out to be old man McGriffin, the caretaker, in disguise. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those kids and that dog.

brad cook