Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus RULES!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Dec 21, 2005.

1. I just added the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus into my chain and it just brought everything to life!!! It's my first power supply unit ever purchased. Even with dead strings and some old effects, everything just felt cleaner and actually louder.

Is it just me or is this one of the positives with having a power supply unit powering all of your pedals instead of 9V batteries?

Sweet....

2. imo yes.
    batteries die, and that can be a good thing or a bad thing. some say its a good thing as it helps the tone, and i believe danelectro had their own batteries that somehow simulated a dying battery...in reality it probably was just a dying battery...anyways, i don't like that, a power supply gives a steady power supply to the pedal, making it sound better over a long period of time imo

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    There's one pedal supply out there that has one or two ports that simulates a dying battery as well. This IMO is awesome, lets you get the tone and consistency you strive for.

For now, my OneSpot is working just fine.