1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

the waiting for the ups man

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderthrupeave, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Right now I am waiting for my g&l trib 2500 to be delivered by the big brown van. Everytime I hear a diesle truck or some thing that sounds like a bang of a box being dropd I jump up the go the door only to find nothing there. Anyone else ever deal with this, its driving me nuts I want to play it before I have to go to class.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have things delivered to my house, but I don't get all excited like this about it. Maybe you should leave your house more often.

Say hi to Doug for me when he stops by, but please don't come to the door in a bath towel only.

-Mike

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I usually order and then damage braincells so that I forget. Then I'm pleasantly surprised when it arrives.

4. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I have stuff shipped to work. A guy comes from downstairs with a package I sign for it and then I get to play with whatever I got at work :p

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    me too! where do you live? :ninja:

6. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

You guys/gals are lucky. My UPS delivery person could not find his/her ass if he/she started out with both hands in his/her back pockets....

You know, this politically correct BS makes typing a simple frigging sentence twice as long as it should be.

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

Dang. You beat me to it!

BTW. Where DO you live? :ninja:

8. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    I don't personally care for UPS guys, but that's cool, whatever you're into, man.

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Im waiting for the 1-ups man, myself.

10. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Me too.

11. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Life is tough for the now-generation... Delayed gratification can be a wonderful thing. Remember: a watched kettle never boils. Or something like that.

12. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    But a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Check mate.:meh:

I really recommend having work sign for your stuff if your employer is cool with it. It'll usually get you your stuff quicker, and more importantly the first time, especially if that new bass is signature required.