1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The waiting is the hardest part.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AdamR, Jun 30, 2014.

1. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Bought a 80s BC Rich on EvilBay on the 16th, PayPal right away. On the 20th On contact the seller about a tracking number. He replies on 22nd that the bass in packed and ready to ship on Monday the 23rd. Tuesday the 24th I get the tracking number. He shipped it USPS on the 23rd. On the 24th its shows that it was processed in the sort facility. Here we are on the 30th, 12 days after I paid for it, 6 days after it was shipped and its still not here and USPS hasnt updated the tracking info since the 24th. I hate dealing with USPS.

\Rant

2. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Day 13. USPS has come and gone. No bass. Seller says give it a few days, it takes 6 days to ship from Cali. Maybe so but it should have taken 6 days to drop it off to be shipped.

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Just a suggestion. Stop down at your local post office. The tracking they have on their computers there is better than the information you get on yours. It may have gone on further, it may have not.

KingKrabb likes this.
  4. KingKrabb

KingKrabb

May 9, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    ^ This. I had the exact same thing happen with a package, and it turns out that it was on the Post Office all along. Apparently some error with the information and it hadn't been updated.

Stop down, ask for more detailed tracking information. They'll gladly assist you with it.

DocGeorge likes this.
  5. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    You dont know the lady that works the desk at my local post office, She not happy about anything ever, lol

6. KingKrabb

KingKrabb

May 9, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    Hahahaha, years of working at a call center make me say things like that.

But yeah, it's definitely an option. XD

7. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Trust me. I ship by USPS all the time, and many times my computer said it was still as sorting facility, when it was out for delivery across the country.

8. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Im sure it is. I just have USPS and their tracking. It never updates till the item is delivered. And 6 days after receiving payment to actually ship the item is unacceptable.

9. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Day 14. Havent had a chance to get to the P/O. Mailman has come and gone again. Seller still thinks I should be more patient.

10. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Sure - he has your money. How long do you have to alert Ebay, just in case?

11. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Seems USPS has been having an issue. Lots of people missing package and tracking info stops the at the short facility. Their Facebook page is covered in complaints from the last month.

12. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
  13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

USPS tracking numbers are about as useful as certain appurtenances on a boar hog. I've NEVER had one work. Most of them don't even show status by the time the package is delivered.

This is why USPS is my last resort. No functional tracking, and just TRY to find something if it doesn't arrive.

I'd be ready to raise issues with Ebay if that bass isn't in hand before July 4th.

14. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    tracking updated 3 times this morning. looks like it will be here today.

15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I just came back from the local post office and commented that the woman working there has two speeds - slow and reverse. She also makes lots of mistakes; but, yet, she has a better paying job than I do.