1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The waiting is the hardest part

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hamiltonb, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hello, I have been lurking here for a few months now, I used to play guitar and bass (as needed) back in the early 90's, pretty much gigging every weekend for about 3 years,until life decided that was not to be. Now I am in a job that is during daylight hours, and my family supports my desire to play in a band again, both as a creative outlet, and for extra cash.

Anyhow, I have been agonizing over many different basses for the last few months, and finally "pulled the trigger" and ordered an Ibanez SR705. Now....the wait....for the delivery....

I have obtained a nice older peavey amp, a 1994 TNT 150, for eighty bucks, and that should get me through a couple months until I can get a head and 410, I was going to borrow one from a friend until the Peavey came up.

Back in the day, I had an Ibanez RG470 guitar, and Crate stealth tube head with 4X12, and a Charvel model 2B bass with a Peavey mark VIII head and the huge 1516 cabinet. From what I understand, equipment has gotten much lighter in the past 20 years or so...

You will probably see me in the band management sections, and wherever I can learn any technique tips. I will post pics as soon as I get my Ibby.

Thanks for reading my time killer as I .....wait......and agonize over what head to get...leaning towards GK 700RBII. Or Ampeg....Or Genz...or Peavey Tour....gah I hate it. At least I do not suffer from GAS, once I decide I usually stick by it and make it work.