1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The waiting's killing me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wdinc01, Apr 6, 2006.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    So last Sunday I went to Guitar Center and ordered myself a Spector Legend Classic 4. He couldn't actually order it until Monday, but it's on it's way none the less. Slate Grey finish, by the way.

And I can say that this'll probably be my first bass to post pictures of on here. Although it's not as glamourous as some of the other basses I've seen posted on here, I'm still very proud of getting it. This thing's probably gonna last me for two years, or until I get a job.

And I already named it (I name all my guitars). It's name is Jeremy II, since I told my friend about the other Spector I had (a Performer, which I took back to get this). She told me to name it Jeremy, which is actually the name of a friend of mine, so I named it that.

Anyway, I had a few questions too. Firstly, is there any worthwhile mods for my Spector? I'm already gonna put straplocks on it, but is there anything else I should consider down the road? I was thinking about maybe putting a D-tuner on there, but I probably won't unil (if) I start gigging. Also, could someone recommend me a good hard shell case for it? I was thinking about the one at Guitar Center that starts around $70, although I'm gonna see how Jeremy II (heh) fits in it. When I had Jeremy (the Performer) I had a Road Runner gig bag, and it seemed like there was a LOT of space in there. I guess it's because Spectors tend to have smaller bodies. And from reviews I've read on Musician's Friend, the Spector cases arn't too good.

Well can't wait for my new bass to arrive! The real killer is I'm probably gonna go jam tomorrow and have a band practice on Sunday, so there goes two missed oppurtunities.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    You have to post pics when it arrives. Honestly I would get the bass first and see how it plays and sounds before investing alot of cash into mods which may not make a whole lot of difference. I once owned a Spector and thought it was great value for money.

3. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    I have always liked the spectors, look, unfortunately my music store has them really high on the wall, and they know when you ask to play it if you have money or not.

4. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Oh trust me, I will.

But I was just wondering. From what I've heard, Spectors are just really great basses, so I didn't know if there was any worth while mods to, so, prolong the life span of the bass. Otherwise I might just mod up my Squier P bass, because I just wanna learn how to do that kind of stuff and actually build some guitars one day.

5. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    Those are a good value for the money. Good job.