1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the wal test? ACG and SGD

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by opiate, Oct 19, 2009.

1. opiate

opiate

Nov 2, 2007
    So has anyone done the ACG filter pre and the SGD pickup together in a bass test yet? im wondering how close it would be...

2. opiate

opiate

Nov 2, 2007
    common now, somebody must know...

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    You mean the SGD Wal repro?

If so, it'd be tricky, considering he's not finished working on it yet.......

4. opiate

opiate

Nov 2, 2007
    yes i ment that..im terribly sorry i didnt know that they are not fisinished...:bag:

5. opiate

opiate

Nov 2, 2007
    could someone tell me where could i suscribe to know more about the wal repro development?

thanks for advance!

6. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I'll be having a preamp with low pass filters as well. A bit different from the ACG, and closer to the Wal or Alembic circuits (i.e., no high pass filters).

7. jgroh

jgroh

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    When do you think that will be available? I really would love to throw one in my G&L L2000! :bassist:

8. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Hopefully in a couple of months.

9. jgroh

jgroh

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Schweet! And, are the pickups completed? Are they the music man style pickup? Do you think they would work in a G&L L2000?

10. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    Just to point out that the ACG pre-amp has lowpass filters as well just like the Alembic and Wal but also adds a high pass filter.

11. I really like the high-pass filter on my ACG. I can set the amount and frequency of my high end.... very versatile.

12. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Right... That's what I was trying to convey. :)

13. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    :cool:

14. Ive recently ordered some SGD pickups to be put in a bass with the ACG preamp. So far i have been in love with the preamp and I've got some pretty high expectations for the combination of the two.

Im planning to get a set of the Wal repro pickups at some point in the future (once they are in production) to test them with the preamp aswell, the proyect looks interesting and im sure it will sound great.

15. SGD Lutherie

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    I'm finishing up your pickups right now, so they should be on their way soon. :)

Please be sure to post some sound clips with the ACG pre.

16. opiate

opiate

Nov 2, 2007
    oh,oh, and what prices are we looking at here...on the repro and the new preamp...(im not asking the exact price right now obviously but just a heads up)

good luck with the development :hyper:!