1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Walking Dead season 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kanonfodr, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Who's ready?? 2 minutes and counting!!

Peace,
    Greg

2. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Armed with blunt objects and ready for more action.

3. MS PIGGY!!!!! :/ :/

Peace,
    Greg

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Just ended, looking good!

5. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    Season 4 started off well. There was enough action, and tense situation to be good, but it didn't blow its wad in the first episode. It set up the season well.

6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Twas awesome! I kinda thought the guy who got trapped under the shelf was going to die, but I think they'll be saving him for later (maybe the next episode).

7. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh man what a great way to start the season!! Lovin it. I have to admit, the 3rd season was disappointing to me but it had a lot of story. An build up that didn't ever seem to climax. IMO anyway. This season seems like a lot more is going to be going on and a lot more action. Hopefully anyway. Great start, I'm pleased with it.

8. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Gnarly how he was peeling the walker's skull open so he could smash the brain before Darryl got there.

Kid with swine flu (?) coughs all over shower water supply. Epidemic imminent!

9. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    It was a bit strange, I thought that chick that Rick found was gonna be some sort of hybrid zombie. Anyways, I expect this season to move along pretty slow. The show is so popular they want another season or two. I think the governor will not appear until 7-8 episodes in.

10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I'm with you. I can't quite imagine this season being slow. Lots of potential story lines to follow and build on.

11. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Idk how that kid got sick but IMO he had a mad fever, hence the cold shower right as he passed out. There's so many possibilities, someone could be infecting people for whatever reason, it's transmittable through animals now, it's in the water etc. Then that crazy bit**! Oh man I thought she was a walker right away, I was freaked when she started talking. You have to think too that there's more and more turning everyday so there will eventually be a breakdown of the fences. Well, that's already been spoiled in previews. I think he crazy lady was just a thing for Rick to realize he could've been there too.

12. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Still the best, most engaging show on TV today. All the naysayers who hate the slimy violence need to chill and enjoy the acting and story. Killer TV!!!

13. Hopkins

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    I think this season will be more tense like the first season. The second season was needed for character development. The third season was needed to show that zombies are not the only danger in their world. This season is going to bring back the zombie danger. Season One was easy with only 6 episodes.

Season two was probably my favorite, which probably makes me a TWD minority.

14. Hopkins

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    By a long shot. TWD is to drama series, what The Big Bang Theory is to comedy sitcoms. Nothing else even comes close.

15. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I was just going to post the same about the chick in the woods. She definitely looked zombie-like.. now that would have been a twist that I did not see coming.
    For a little while I thought that she may have been eating zombies to stay alive or something,when she was talking about "having to do things to survive", etc etc eeew nasty.

Overall, it's off to a good start I think.

16. That chick was just plain strange. I would have liked her around for another episode or two to see her back story.

I gotta say that the grocery store was probably one of my least favorite premises. It's a little too convenient that despite walking on the roof, it took them to that exact moment to fall through the roof and just enough for the chopper to finally come through the ceiling.

17. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    huge fan of the show here too, but... id give it up in a minute for more 'breaking bad'

18. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Remember: Everyone's already infected. My wife and I were speculating that the virus is mutating and not waiting for the host to die (essentially killing them) before turning them. Remember when Rick kept looking at the one male zombie outside the fence? You could see him thinking "What's up with his eyes?" And then the kid turns and his eyes are the same. That would rathcet things up a bit, huh? :D

And the lady Rick found, I think, is setting something else up for later, since he left her to turn instead of taking her out.

19. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I'll concede that point to you Spade. A stretch of reality used as a device for a spectacular battle but hey, that's entertainment.

Take that and the fact that undead zombies can't and don't exist makes it ok to take liberties with the reality of a steel platform roof collapsing at just the right moment to create a zombie shower.

20. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Agreed.