The Walking Dead Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DerekW, Oct 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Guess it’s that time again! Woot!

So please read notes below, and let’s have some scintillating conversation... about, ya know, zombies and stuff

1) First and foremost... IF YOU HAVENT SEEN 'THIS WEEKS' EPISODE... DONT READ THIS THREAD TILL YOU HAVE!!
    Sorry but, if you PVR'd it, and got a notification of a new post before you've seen the newest episode, it's your own damn fault if it ruined it for you.
    As far as I'm concerned, if it's late Sunday night, and you make a comment about the show that just ended, then it's everyone else's responsibility to NOT read it if they haven't seen the show yet.

2) If you are a reader of the books, please withhold spoilers of what may be current or forthcoming. We all know the show doesn't follow the books 100%, but it's damn close in a lot of ways.
    There was an "issue" in last seasons thread where saying something like "omg, they're finally going to show Negan!!" And people got pissed off.
    To me that is less of a spoiler, and more of a "heads up!" So I really don't have a problem with that, as long as vital details aren't given away.

3) There is a "Spoiler" button at the top of every new post. Hit the "+" and there is a spoiler button option there.
    Use it if you think what you're talking about may give something away.

3a) Regarding the spoiler button...
    If you quote a post with a spoiler button in it, it will uncover the spoiler!
    So please refrain from directly quoting the "spoiler buttoned" post, or at least edit out the uncovered spoiler.

If anyone wants to add other "rules" let me know.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Hopefully Coral gets a haircut. Or dies. I would be fine with Coral dying.

48thStreetCustom likes this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Coming from a dude with hair halfway down his back, I hope Carl has luscious locks in S8.

4. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Looking fwd but with some trepidation.

5. They’ve been hyping the all out war since the season finale, I’m hoping it actually starts episode 1, not just hyping everyone up for it for 2 hours.

6. viribus

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Above all I want a good story, however much time that takes. They’re not constrained by a movie with a 2 hour running time.

7. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I'm hoping we get quite a bit more of Negan before his inevitable exit. I know we aren't supposed to like him, but I find him hilarious. Maybe it's JDM's overacting or just the dialog itself, but he makes me laugh.

Fretless1! and Fishheadjoe like this.
  8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    How long before the tiger gets it? I'm thinking episode one, assuming there are any battles right away. Hopefully the season won't be mostly build up.

9. friskinator

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    It seems like their trend is a action-packed season opener, then several eps where not much happens, then a big finale. I'm just hoping it's not like the last season's opener. I'm still nauseous from that one.

10. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't remember where I read this but apparently the show runners will keep the show going for decades if it keeps getting picked up. That'll mean a lot of drawn out story. It's a good show but it should end. If not this season than the next.

11. viribus

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Does anybody here watch the spinoff show Fear The Walking Dead? I don’t.

12. The cast has all said that it’s the most hectic season they’ve done in a long time, so that’s good.

As far as it ending, I’d be happy if went on forever, lol

And yeah, I watch Fear. It started really slow the first half season. Like a painfully slow. Ramped up the second half and has been fairly consistent since. I like it, a couple strong characters, a couple irritating characters. I like that it takes a whole different angle than TWD, obviously, some similarities.... like running away from zombies, lol

OldDog52 likes this.
  13. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Watching JAG the other day (really love that show) & who should appear?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBFZDl-5OkCk_qhCtZdZyOuUYW1BXtxb61RHzUsP_7mDCL_SAj.jpg 8030145278_1dcd955bd1_z.jpg

14. Wow, he looks like a youngster!

15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    He's a good looking fella.

16. friskinator

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I gave it a few eps when it started, but I bailed out quickly. Really did not enjoy it. Bad writing, annoying characters, and not nearly enough backstory on what caused the outbreak. I'm surprised it keeps getting renewed.

Fretless1! likes this.
  17. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Same here. I bailed after about three episodes. Uninteresting characters and predictable action. It didn't offer anything new. I'd love some back story on what's caused the zombies and some eventual resolution but I doubt we'll ever get that.

18. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    I tried. I found it unwatchable.

19. We've been watching "Fear" since it started. Granted, it did start out slow and I was kinda on the fence about it, but the last season, things really started to move and we lost a number of main characters. I am now a fan, but I understand how some folks might not have the patience to stick with it...
    Fishheadjoe

20. Yeah, like I mentioned above, those first 6 episodes were laborious. The second half of the 1st season started with a bang. And I imagine that was because of reviews. It’s really a decent show if you give it a shot. What else are you gonna do Sunday nights at 9 when the original isn’t on?

And the Scott Gimple is going to be the new show runner for Fear now, so that could be a good thing.

Plus, they recently confirmed that there will be a character crossover from one show to the other, but haven’t said in which direction, but I have a couple guesses.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022