The Wall Demo's

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by paniak17, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Anyone know anythign about them?

Here's from wikipedia:
    In 2003, the entire band demo tape for the album leaked onto the Internet, featuring remarkably different versions of many songs, and a three-part version of "Is There Anybody Out There?". The differences include:

"In The Flesh (1)" has lyrics that are in the finished version of "In The Flesh (2)".
    "The Happiest Days Of Our Lives" is slower, and focuses on one teacher, rather than all of them.
    "Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)" is more like "Another Brick In The Wall (Part I)".
    "Mother" is faster-paced.
    "Young Lust" is entirely instrumental.
    "One Of My Turns" features entirely different dialogue from the groupie, and is slower paced.
    "What Shall We Do Now" is much slower paced than the version featured in the film.
    "Is There Anybody Out There (Part I)" consists of the instrumental interlude featured in the finished version.
    "Is There Anybody Out There (Part II)" features a previously unheard verse.
    "Is There Anybody Out There (Part III)" is much more like the finished version, although mainly instrumental.
    "Comfortably Numb" has almost entirely different lyrics which are much darker in tone.
    "The Show Must Go On" features a previously unheard verse.
    "In The Flesh (2)" features Roger Waters singing in a German accent.
    "Run Like Hell" is entirely instrumental.
    The rest of the tracks are basically the same as their finished counterparts, with perhaps a different lyric or riff here and there.

My friend has some of them, and i want them!!
  2. pezoamo

pezoamo Guest

Mar 1, 2005
    That is awesome.

Post the songs if you get 'em.
  3. I gotta hear this! Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell really cought my eye, I'd love to hear these alernate versions.
  4. Now you know how i feel...see me and this friend arn't really talking with eachother any more. BUt dudeee i heard like a fourth of the stuff and it is sooooooooo sweeeeeeeeet. I thought it would be on limewire or something, but their not.