Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Way I feal about things

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by mcnaire2004, Feb 13, 2006.

1. It seems I have lost all love for almost everything exept people and music. If im not on my bass im board out of my mind. I don't even touch my ps2 or the other computer games I would normaly play. My life is slowly going to be 100%music. Is this good &/or normal?

2. Jesus, dude. It's called spell checker. It's not hard to use.

3. Dude, it's called shutting up.

4. jb6884

jb6884

Jan 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Uhhh... well no it's not good. You are 16, go be a 16 year old while you can. If all you do is practice you'll either end up burned out or injured or both. Moderation.... (and spellcheck) is the key to life...

5. Reuben

Reuben

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Eye doughnt undurstand wut yoo gize ar tawking abowt.

Muzik sux.

6. I would definitely advise you to practice a lot, but when you out from behind the bass, do something besides video games, internet or tv. Go to concerts, read books, visit an art museum, play chess, play sports, learn to fly an airplane, fall in love -- stuff that will make your life richer. It will come out of your bass in one way or another eventually.

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I dunno, a lot of my random time-wasting hobbies fell away when I got serious about music. I've slowly gotten back into the occasional game of Battlefield 2 and reading for pleasure, but that's about it.

8. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    It sounds to me like you're in a sort of "learning zone", where something has clicked and you just can't seem to get enough. I'd say go with it, soak it up. You will eventually level out at some point, just come up for air once in a while and like the earlier guy said, go see a movie or someone else play. I wish I could get my kid to get off the TV or games. Nice problem to have.

Ike

9. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    You sure about the 'people' part of your proclamation?

(I didn't use a spell-checker. I just checked my spelling on my own...)

10. Yeah, it's good to hear you enjoy practicing. However, as a general rule of thumb, when it starts to hurt, take a break. During the time you're not practicing, read a dictionary. Then you'll be able to pass both orchestra and english class.

11. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    I know the feeling, I handle most interests the same way. I have plenty of past hoobies that have collected dust now that I have narrowed things down to what I really want to do. Just go with it I say. A single-minded focus will only make you better.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Agreed - if you don't know the difference between "board" and "bored" - then no spellchecker is going to help you learn it...:meh:

13. musicman5string

musicman5string Banned

Jan 17, 2006
    Here's the most significant reply so pay attention:

GIRLS.

Check 'em out.

14. Well Girls where included when I said the only things I realy still care about are PEOPLE and music.

15. Girls were included. :ninja:

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    :D