1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The weights of my basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Viking, Jul 28, 2012.

1. I bought a digital scale and thought it would be interesting to weigh my basses. Here are the results, from low to high:

Sadowsky M524 - 8.5 lbs
    Peavey fury - 8.57 lbs
    Carvin Icon 4 string - 8.7 lbs
    Lakland USA 4-94 - 8.9 lbs
    Warwick Infinity 4 string - 9 lbs
    Warkoth parts bass (koa body/bubinga neck) - 9.33 lbs
    Carvin SB5000 - 9.55 lbs
    Ken Smith BSR5MW - 9.755 lbs
    Warmoth parts bass (limba body/wenge neck) - 10.17 lbs

Yeah, I know, not the most fascinating thread but it gives you some idea of what to expect if you're considering purchasing one of these models.

2. fuzz_factor

fuzz_factor

Aug 6, 2008
    PDX
    If it helps anyone, my 2007/08 Fender P-bass (has the new '08 upgrades) weight 8lbs. 10 oz. It's one of the lighter ones I've played.

EDIT: Specifically, my bass is a 2007 Fender American Standard Precision bass, but it's one of the late ones that got all the new '08 features from the factory - no user mods. I used a digital 70# postal scale to weigh the bass.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Everything you wanted to know, plus a spreadsheet with weights of over 300 basses. Add your info in the thread and I'll add the weights to the spreadsheet next time I update it. Please provide make, model, year, weight and any special mods.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/time-tell-truth-how-much-does-your-bass-weigh-409213/

Looks like I need to do an update - that thread is on page 18 and my last update was on page 15. Feel free to download it.

4. psp742

psp742 Washburn above others.

Jun 4, 2012
    Morganville, NJ
    i used a luggage weighing device... weight the bass padded bag without bass guitar and later weight with the bass inside... my 86' Washburn Force 4 ABT B-30 weight about 8.31lbs