1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The weirdest thing you´ve eaten.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Papersen, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Since there´s a couple of gastronomic threads, I started to think what´s the weirdest meal I´ve ever eaten.

At the top of my list are "Escamoles" (ant eggs) and "Chapulines" (deep fried grasshopers). I´ve tasted them in Mexico last year. Let me say they´re not bad at all.

Some years ago, I was tempted to taste some kinda "Beetles in tomato sauce" (dunno exactly how they call ´em) that I found in Bangkok´s weekend market. I gotta admit I didn´t dare to do it :(

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Escargot last week (snails)

Crocodile, Emu, Kangaroo (not very weird).

3. Chocolate covered bees.

didn't even realize what I ate until my grandfather told me what was in the candy he just gave me !

4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Jellyfish.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Live grasshoppers.

I've had all the usual stock/delicacy weird food items too. Escargot was one of my favorites when I was about 8...I loved the thought of eating snails just as much as I liked the taste and texture.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    This one time, a fly flew into my mouth so I ate it. I showed that bitch.

7. I recently had gallstones, and decided to try a natural remedy before succumbing to surgery to remove my gallbladder.

Having to ingest 1 cup of olive oil (one of a few ingredients) was definitely the strangest "food" experience of my life. Very tough to get down, and keep down.:spit:

But, the natural remedy was a complete success, and I am keeping my gallbladder. :hyper:

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Probably escargot. Although, in the summer, while sitting on my front porch, I occasionally eat lightning bugs to freak out they neighborhood kids when they are all around playing.

9. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    Weirdest thing i've eaten? hmm.....Souls of the innocent......mmmm...tasty tasty souls :D

On a slightly more serious note, the weirdest thing i've probably ever eaten would either be rattlesnake or some kind of weird (live) spider which name ezcapes me at the moment.

10. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Lets see....
    Jellyfish was interesting... but then was so was was weird bowl of anonymous fish parts (it was a white stew of fish stuff... served a little warmer than room temperature.)

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

haahaha nice dude, i am so going to do that from now on.

12. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Tripe. :scowl:

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Dog in Korea whilst in the army. Wasn't bad.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, but you won't find any lightning bugs out this far west. Lightning bugs are something I really miss every summer. I remember growing up in Pennsylvania and catching them on hot summer nights to make glowing necklaces and rings.

Back to the subject at hand........mud. Not on purpose of course, but it looked so yummy when I was 8. :D

-Mike

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Oh no doubt, only thing I dislike about living in California, I hear you can find them somewhere but probably bs.

I remember when I lived on black sea in Georgia (country) we would catch them with our hats, bring them all in a darkest room and release like 5-6+ hats at once that were full of those things. It was crazy.

8? Still looks yummy to this day to me. I am such a fatarse :D

16. I just had some microwave burritos that I would classify as very weird....

These might haunt me in the morning.

17. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Scorpion ... they sell them on the streets in Thailand. They taste as bad as they look

18. ive eaton ostrich burgers and i had a buffalo sloppy joe once.

19. Whale. Actually, it's very good. Tastes a lot like beef, but a little sweeter.

And for those of you Patrick McManus fans out there, as a Boy Scout I've had MANY helpings of Whatchagot Stew.

Rock on
    Eric

20. The strangest thing I have ever eaten... beef tendon hot pot - apparently it's a Hong Kong delicacy. The flavor of the 'meat' is very rich but the consistency is rather like snot. Have also eaten the aforementioned grasshoppers, jellyfish, snails, etc.

My favorite odd eats are raw oysters, all manor of sushi / sashimi and escargot.

I once watched a regular woman (not a performance artist or anything) drink her own urine. Swear to god. Apparently it's a part of her 'diet.' Hey, why not.