The "What I hate about my bass" thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The 0x, Nov 23, 2003.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Can also be used as the "What do I wish my bass had" thread.

Of course, this doesn't apply to speddling, as his Benavente 51 is everything he wanted it to be. ;)

ok, what I hate about my washburn is that the neck is too "jazzish." I wish it had a chunky P-type neck. Also, I wish it had vol and tone for each pickup, and not just master vol/tone.

Anyone else?
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I hate the weak E string of my Hohner, but i think thats just bc its really dead, because i havent replaced the strings in a long time:p I wish it had wider string spacing for easier slapping.
  3. Is it a XB-102???
  4. Is that true? How does he reach down to -- never mind.
  5. \
    he uses his left hand
  6. Yes, it is true.

I wanted to add that, every bass I own was selected for its component and, I have no complaints about any bass, I own as of yet!

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Yup. Nice little bass, good bang-for-the-buck. I didn't choose it however, it was given to me as a gift.
  8. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    The G-string is weaker than the others on my Ray. I'll still never get rid of it though!;)
  9. What do i hate about my bass or whish my bass had ...

well for starters i wish i had a bass ... But the bass i'm going to get, it would be nice if it had labled nobs.

10. I hate the fact that the neck pickup on my Warwick is about five times as loud as the bridge pickup.
  11. It is constantly playing out of tune.

:( damn fretless.
  12. i dont like the neck on my fender american p-bass...too wide and i have an ibanez sr400 and if I compare the neck on the ibz is much more comfortable

13. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I don't like that I have only 22 frets. Also, sometimes my Iceman's body shape embarasses me, but only sometimes. Most of the time it's just fine. Also, I wish my pickups were a little hotter, but I'm working on that. Mostly, I love the damn thing.
  14. cods

Sep 16, 2003
    What do I wish my bass had?

3 more strings( i have a four string), and no p pick ups.
  15. I wish the bass presently in my possession had a thinner neck, straight headstock, sunburst finish, and no P-bass pickups. Other than that, I like it just fine.
  16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    The action is to high, the g string sounds like a 3 year old fart, and it sounds to much like a stingray.

Not enough upper mids and lower mids. If I want the cool high mids, I have no low end, If I want some growl, I sound like a ampeg played thru a pillow.

I am almost sure that a new 15 and some more power will help.

17. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'll trade you my washburn for your P! Ibz-type neck. I need the chunky precision neck! ;)
  18. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    This was one of the many reasons I got rid of my SR5 not the main reason but none the less it's gone I don't miss it at all.
  19. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    My skyline keeps me from doing other important things.
  20. More GROWL.

A gloss instead of satin finish.

One or two more strings.

Black instead of gold hardware.

A better musician for an owner.