1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The "What I hate about my bass" thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The 0x, Nov 23, 2003.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Can also be used as the "What do I wish my bass had" thread.

Of course, this doesn't apply to speddling, as his Benavente 51 is everything he wanted it to be. ;)

ok, what I hate about my washburn is that the neck is too "jazzish." I wish it had a chunky P-type neck. Also, I wish it had vol and tone for each pickup, and not just master vol/tone.

Anyone else?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I hate the weak E string of my Hohner, but i think thats just bc its really dead, because i havent replaced the strings in a long time:p I wish it had wider string spacing for easier slapping.

3. Is it a XB-102???

4. Is that true? How does he reach down to -- never mind.

5. \
    he uses his left hand

6. Yes, it is true.

I wanted to add that, every bass I own was selected for its component and, I have no complaints about any bass, I own as of yet!

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Yup. Nice little bass, good bang-for-the-buck. I didn't choose it however, it was given to me as a gift.

8. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    The G-string is weaker than the others on my Ray. I'll still never get rid of it though!;)

9. What do i hate about my bass or whish my bass had ...

well for starters i wish i had a bass ... But the bass i'm going to get, it would be nice if it had labled nobs.

[/|\]

10. I hate the fact that the neck pickup on my Warwick is about five times as loud as the bridge pickup.

11. It is constantly playing out of tune.

:( damn fretless.

12. i dont like the neck on my fender american p-bass...too wide and i have an ibanez sr400 and if I compare the neck on the ibz is much more comfortable

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!! IRON MAIDEN RULZ!!!

13. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I don't like that I have only 22 frets. Also, sometimes my Iceman's body shape embarasses me, but only sometimes. Most of the time it's just fine. Also, I wish my pickups were a little hotter, but I'm working on that. Mostly, I love the damn thing.

14. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    What do I wish my bass had?

3 more strings( i have a four string), and no p pick ups.

15. I wish the bass presently in my possession had a thinner neck, straight headstock, sunburst finish, and no P-bass pickups. Other than that, I like it just fine.

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    The action is to high, the g string sounds like a 3 year old fart, and it sounds to much like a stingray.

Not enough upper mids and lower mids. If I want the cool high mids, I have no low end, If I want some growl, I sound like a ampeg played thru a pillow.

I am almost sure that a new 15 and some more power will help.

Maybe.

17. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'll trade you my washburn for your P! Ibz-type neck. I need the chunky precision neck! ;)

18. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    This was one of the many reasons I got rid of my SR5 not the main reason but none the less it's gone I don't miss it at all.

19. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    My skyline keeps me from doing other important things.

20. More GROWL.

A gloss instead of satin finish.

One or two more strings.

Black instead of gold hardware.

A better musician for an owner.