The Who Live at Leeds remaster

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matthew T., Aug 30, 2005.

1. Matthew T.

Matthew T.

Feb 17, 2002
    Springdale, AR
    Is Entwistle any more audible on the remaster than the original? You could hear him on "Young Man Blues," but he was buried on most of the other songs.
  2. Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    I thing he's quite goor hearable.... I don't have problem listening him. Yeah, but it's quite diferrent from common The Who concerts, where John was most hearable and leading instrument in most of the songs.....
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I've bought three versions of that C.D. including the double..... I hear him just fine, but I always have, including the vinyl. It's one of those albums I grew up with. The problem might be the bass frequency on that album is pretty close to the guitars.......lead bass :bassist:
  4. nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    As above, I've never had the slightest difficulty hearing what the E man was doing on that record...lovely Hiwatt sound with a liberal dose of fuzz from time to time. :D
  5. Matthew T.

Matthew T.

Feb 17, 2002
    Springdale, AR
    I'll fiddle with the EQ in my car stereo.

BTW, are the extra songs on the remaster (single or double disc version) worth the extra $$?
  6. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Worth every penny.

It's got all the songs.

Entwhistle is clearly audible. And, it's truly a masterpiece and a classic.
  7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Go pick up the double-disc version NOW (I've got it and the vynil). It's great. The only version of Tommy I can really listen to without crynging about that french horn (I don't know why, but it just sounds kinda cheezy to me on the album).