Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The whole sale string website?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Nov 11, 2004.

1. O.k. a little while ago I heard some guys talking about a website that sells strings at pretty much whole sale prices but you had to buy a big group of them in order to enjoy the savings. It was something like buy x amount of strings for x dollars and you save x amount of money. I just remember them talking about spending somewhere over a hundred dollars and getting a load of strings. Seemed like a good deal, anyone know what they were talking about?

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Not sure, but I know that juststrings.com has bulk strings that come out pretty cheap in the end...

on the other hand, i just got 4 packs of DR strings off of Ebay for $18.51, not sure what kind taey are though...

3. DemoEtc

DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
  4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    That's pretty cheap. However, you can also try Webstrings, which sells a four-string set for $10.50 shipped, or 10 sets for $95 shipped. StringThis.com sells strings made by Martin for a similar price to Louie's Juke Joint as well. So bargains abound.

5. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

These all look like some great deals, but does anyone have anything to say for the quality of the strings they've purchased on these discount string sites?

6. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001