Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Wood Brothers cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
  2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Sweet, I just ordered it. Its got a little bit of a Grisman and Gracia vibe too it, I really liked what I heard.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Killer, I'm getting it!

...It's funny and slightly off topic... Oliver just called me last Friday to see about what 112 combo is good for him to buy and keep here in ATL for his gigs with Chris... Or if I had a small rig that I could sell them.

... small world.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Why is it always the 3 of us in these threads? Isnt anyone else "in the know"?

:D

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    not sure... maybe we the cool cats on TB or something. :p

I just was chiming in 'cause I see Oliver every now and then and his band is one of MOST KICK ARSE Bands in Atlanta... check them out sometime (King Johnson)!

6. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I checked them out a while ago but never got around to buying one of their albums. I will check this one out!

edit: after giving it a listen on itunes, i can strongly agree with what one of the reviewers said: softer than G. Love, but funkier than Keb Mo.

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Got my disc in the mail Friday, its awesome. Its got a little bit of Grisman/Garcia feel, with a bit of Asylum Street Spankers in there too. Modern, Old-Timey music is all I can think to describe it hehe.

I really dig it, I think Luckiest Man is my favorite song so far.

8. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I was going to pick up a copy at the TunkelWood gig this Tuesday, but I have picked up a regular tuesday gig...

I can't wait to listen to it!

9. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    :crying:

I first heard Oliver with MMW a few months ago and was blown away. This CD brought that back in a different style (with some beautiful glissandos by his brother...)

10. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Are you going to the show this Thursday? I wish I could, but I'm playing at Fuzzy's that evening...

off-topic...If you notice Chris will be playing his Walter Woods head through an Aguilar 1x12.... :p