Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Woods

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by erik II, Jul 31, 2000.

1. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    I'm curious about the Woods amplifier that is frequently mentioned here. I had never heard of it before I started visiting Talkbass. Can anyone supply me with some info - specifications, price, who sells it, does it come in a 230V version? Is it the best amp in the world?

Thanks

Erik

2. Hi, Erik- In answer to your question,Yes it is the best amp in the world! I have had mine for 7 years now, and plugged in in over 17 different countries, including Norway and
    Denmark, with no problems ever.It has a switch in the back, so you can use it on either 120V or 230V.Now the bad news- Walter Woods is made only by, Guess who? Walter Woods! As I understand it, there is now a waiting list for about a year. You can contact him at this address: Walter Woods
    82054 Solano Ave. Indio, California 92201 USA
    He's a really nice guy, Loves to talk.I'm sure he could send you some more info. Good Luck! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by reedo35 (edited August 02, 2000).]

3. Hi again! Sorry, that may or may not be a correct address that I gave you; I also found this one :WW, 78395 Sterling Lane
    Palm Desert, California 92211
    Two Phone #,too (760)772-7952 or
    (619)347- 7099

4. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Thanks reedo35 for information. Is it a good amp for both electric and double bass?

Erik