1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Woods

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by erik II, Jul 31, 2000.

1. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    I'm curious about the Woods amplifier that is frequently mentioned here. I had never heard of it before I started visiting Talkbass. Can anyone supply me with some info - specifications, price, who sells it, does it come in a 230V version? Is it the best amp in the world?

Thanks

Erik

2. Hi, Erik- In answer to your question,Yes it is the best amp in the world! I have had mine for 7 years now, and plugged in in over 17 different countries, including Norway and
    Denmark, with no problems ever.It has a switch in the back, so you can use it on either 120V or 230V.Now the bad news- Walter Woods is made only by, Guess who? Walter Woods! As I understand it, there is now a waiting list for about a year. You can contact him at this address: Walter Woods
    82054 Solano Ave. Indio, California 92201 USA
    He's a really nice guy, Loves to talk.I'm sure he could send you some more info. Good Luck! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by reedo35 (edited August 02, 2000).]

3. Hi again! Sorry, that may or may not be a correct address that I gave you; I also found this one :WW, 78395 Sterling Lane
    Palm Desert, California 92211
    Two Phone #,too (760)772-7952 or
    (619)347- 7099

4. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Thanks reedo35 for information. Is it a good amp for both electric and double bass?

Erik