SOLD The World's Coolest P-bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Feb 14, 2018.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here I go again with a "flipmageddon" - I have three basses I don't really want to sell but wouldn't be opposed to letting go of for the right price or the right trade.

Here I have the world's coolest P-bass. It was really the pickguard that made me buy it - a sweet blue abalone number from the good folks at Chandler's Pickguard Heaven. The body is from an import Squier and is made of soft red maple with an awesome butterscotch gloss finish. The neck is Warmoth - beautifully gloss-finished birdseye maple with a canary fingerboard and pearl dot inlays. It is a Jazz neck but feels very chunky front to back, which I like. (Decal applied by a previous owner.) Black Hipshot tuners and a black Hipshot "B" bridge. The pickup is a DiMarzio Split P which sounds amazing full and warm but has a ton of output. No hard case but I will ship in an older, worn gig bag inside a sturdy, well-padded box. This bass was just professionally set up with brand new DR strings and absolutely kills. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time and keep it. Assuming I don't keep it, however, I'd take $600 shipped to lower 48. This price reflects what I paid and what I have in it with new pickup/installation, strings, and setup. I also had a truss rod notch professionally carved at the heel of the neck.

Rough weight estimate = 9.4 lbs using the "step on and step off the scale" method.

Condition = outstanding. I baby my gear.

I strongly lower 48 USA deals but I'm open to anything; just keep in mind that outside of the continental USA, you would need to pay actual shipping.

If you have a trade offer, run it by me, but I'm going to be rather picky. I'm also listing an FBass BN4 and a USA Peavey Millennium Plus fretless, so depending on what gets interest and what doesn't, I may change my mind about all of this, and my trade interest also may fluctuate.

The pics don't really do it justice!

20180214_195148.jpg
    20180214_195011.jpg
    20180214_195201.jpg
    20180214_195216.jpg
    20180214_195225.jpg
    20180214_195240.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  2. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    It's definitely purdy!

Bob mcAlister and TimBosby like this.
  3. The sum of those parts is beautiful. I have a Warmoth fretless and a Warmoth fretted with jazz nut width necks, both without the slim taper option and agree they are perfect front to back thickness. This won’t last long.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    woodyng2 and TimBosby like this.
  4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Having second thoughts but bumping anyway.

pjbassist likes this.
  5. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I don't blame you to have second thoughts about this one, it is a great looking bass and it must be a charm to play.

6. Wow... this looks exactly like my old bass

mumbojumbo likes this.
  7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Because it is your old bass. With a couple of mods. I am really thinking of just keeping this but we'll see.

mumbojumbo likes this.
  8. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Lots of interest, no bites. Unfortunately life has dictated that this must go. Make a fair offer. I have decided to keep my Fender hard case for now but I will ship in an older, worn gig bag inside a sturdy, well-padded box. I have also lowered the price accordingly, from $650 to $600 shipped (lower 48 USA.)

9. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Make a fair offer, would like to sell ASAP.

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sold and paid for. Shipping out today.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022