1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The World's Rarest Polo Shirt

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ericman197, May 2, 2006.

1. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    The title of this thread might be a little deceiving, but I think I saw the world's rarest polo shirt last year. A guy at my high school used to wear it all the time, and when I first saw it, I thought it was the lamest article of clothing I had ever seen. Now that I've come to terms with my love of strange things, I want one.

The polo in question is not one individual polo, but a combination of many. I believe it was made by some strange store, as I cannot find it anywhere on google. Imagine taking 20 different colored polos and cutting them up into 6"x6" patches, throwing them in a pile and recreating 20 new polo shirts. This is what his shirt looked like. I believe the polos in his shirt were Ralph Lauren, but I can't be certain.

Thus far, this is the closest thing I can find:

something similar

His, however, was much more striking in color and had a very rough look to it, with squares and other shapes overlapping.

Has anyone seen such a shirt before?

2. sounds like he made it himself :)

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I wouldnt pay 80 bucks for that thing.
    I wouldnt pay 0 bucks for that thing.

::shakes head::

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    my thoughts exactly when i saw it.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    For a colorful shirt, that's the whitest shirt I've ever seen.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thank you. Now I have to clean the Mountain Dew from the screen. ;)

7. I wouldn't pay -$30 for that shirt.

8. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    wooo that's ugly man!

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Aww, c'mon. You could always wipe your @$$ with it.

bc

10. wow, i'll be the first to wear plaids, madraas, even sear sucker, but that is just aweful... it looks like something wannabe highschool thugs would wear, of coure, 17 times too big, and acompanied by saggin jean shorts and jordans

11. I'd pay no more than $6.75. I've seen short dresses comparable to that in vintage clothing stores. Just a huge mish mosh of polos that could have been picked up for a buck in thrift stores. Ive seen 2 or 3 of them and thought they were really cool. Probably not the same one you're referring to, but the design is similar.

12. You would have to pay me to WEAR that shirt!

13. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I was into the whole 'It's like one shirt made of many shirts.' idea...until I clicked on the link.

Isn't it sad when someone probably started with a coll idea and said "Hmmmm. How can I remove every shred or semblance of cool or interesting from this?"