1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The worst video I've ever seen

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Pacman, Apr 19, 2001.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    D'oh! Swallowed by the US Postal Service.

2. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    What the hey?! When I mailed it to Angus, I sent it priority mail, and it still took 2 weeks to get there. The USPS is not making a good showing right now!

3. I think that's a good idea. Clear those who want to see it in a country first then ship it to the next. If anyone wants to look at the list so far, I posted the thing (with Euro member countries) a couple of pages back.

[Edit - added list in its new form]

The only change is that Grahame is now the last U.K. resident to receive the video.

Matt/catwig [Brighton, U.K.] *
    Kraken [Cannock, U.K.]
    Grahame [Weltshire, U.K.]
    Hujo [Umeå, Sweden]
    Oysterman [Göteborg, Sweden]
    Mr_Pink [Belgium]
    Gunnar Þór [Hafnarfjörður, Iceland]
    The_bass [Stöðvarfjörður, Iceland]
    Phreaky [Stöðvarfjörður, Iceland]

Are everyone okay with this?

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    what's the status of the american leg of the tour?

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    If only Angus had sent it priority. Apparently, he went to one of those shipping places, like Mail Boxes, etc. so they could send it out.

The American leg of the tour is dead in the water, pending the resurfacing of this furshluginner video.

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Bump?

7. Grahame

Grahame

Feb 7, 2002
    Wiltshire, UK

Ya gotta admit it, the bivalve has a point!

G.

8. MmmHmm.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    No!

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Some contact Angus, et al, to see if we can track this down...

11. Bumpity - bumpbump - bump.

Matt/Catwig's got the Euro video now. What's the story, morning glory?

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    It's supposed to be on it's way! They said that it got sent somewhere in Oregon, then to California, but then came back. Don't know why. However, it's on it's way, and I've seen it with my own eyes after it came back. Should be there in a couple days. Sorry about the mixup, but it's not my fault! I originally sent the video off like a month or more ago.

13. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    pacman i am sorry about that video... i have similiar experience. i got into my hands some crappy american schools for bass and there wasn`t a word about any technique but there were only pretty stupid excercises which u should play by ear. I don`t know why are ppl putting this out. i don`t know bassicaly why they call it bass school. my friend made a slap&funky school before he joined a conservatory and he did a better job then some ppl on those music academies. i am scarry when someone puts me into front of my face a notes without a marks and says improvise... i dig when I find a mistakes in writing notes and keys and mostly i love when someone wants me to learn playing a bass on straight 8th notes... (for example 101 bass licks... crappy ****t)

sorry for my english.. it sometimes don`t give a sense from me ;-)

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Europe, we have a problem.

Apparently, the american copy got lost.

Can someone over there make a copy of it and convert it back to PAL from NTSC?

I'm the next recipient on the list,by the way.

15. I remember reading about this a while ago, never actually thought you guys where going to go through with sending it. I want to experience this wretched tape as well, I need a good laugh. Sign me up to the american leg if the tape comes to existence again? It sounds so bad that I just have to watch it.

16. Right. I don't have the means to do so, maybe AllodoX has them?

17. Kraken

Kraken

Jun 19, 2001
    Aylesbury, England
    sorry folks can someone fill me in, I've just moved house (and Job) and so I've been offline for six weeks Have I missed my turn at the European copy of this vid?

18. Nope. In fact you're next on the list, that is if we can track down Catwig.

19. Grahame

Grahame

Feb 7, 2002
    Wiltshire, UK

I may well be able to do that when I receive it BUT Catwig hasn't been heard from since he viewed it.

Maybe its worse than we think:eek:

Grahame

20. catwig1

catwig1

Mar 4, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    No I'm still around. I moved house a few weeks ago and don't have a computer any more. I have watched the tape and now realise why it takes so long for each person to pass it on:). I really feel sorry for the guy who made it: he either thought that it was good :eek:, or believed that no one would have the guts to complain:confused:. I don’t think I can transfer it to US format (but my video can play PAL/NTSC tapes). I'll do my write up when I have my notes at a computer (yes I made notes so I wouldn't forget how annoyed it made me :rolleyes:), prob mid week. I really would like to have Steve Lawson’s review as a teacher/magazine writer, but I can see how you may watch it then never speak of it again:D. Sorry about the wait but it is so bad it is hard to bring yourself to watch it.

Matt