1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The worst video I've ever seen

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Pacman, Apr 19, 2001.

1. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hey whats going on with this? If it's still in existence I really want in. :D

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    So, where has our European copy gone?

3. reachjkh

reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    forget the video...I can't believe I just read this entire thread. Funny stuff.

Too bad it's lost, but I guess it doesn't matter too much since I once watched a bass instructional video from the library...need I say it sucked too?

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This thread is insane... it started out a mild mannered thread, now it's out of control... someone needs to stop it before it takes over talkbass!

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Bumpification...

So, is the European copy still in existance? Reading back, it looks like Grahame last had it?

But that was back in September, and Grahame hasn't even posted since October. He hasn't done a runner with the vid has he?

6. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    The John Myung tape kinda sucks IMO.. nothing that really influences or teaches new styles and technique. The Bassday videos really aren't instructional videos, but I've learned more from them than any other lesson tape I've viewed.

Unrelated, the Saliva - Always video on MTV sucks. But I also hate the song.. so that's just me :spit: ;)

7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks! In Memoriam

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

Uh, did you read any of the thread before posting?

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

8. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars

Of course. I figured I would share another horrible instructional video - sort of like the original poster did.

Would a disclaimer 'changing directions' have been good for you?

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Simply put, is the TB copy of this tape still floating around?

10. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    Are you saying Mel Schacher didn't have a bitchin' bass sound?

11. I can't believe I watched the vids on his site. He barrels through Donny Lee with no feeling at all.

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    OH MY GOD.

I just got a package in the mail today, sent by me, listed with an undeliverable address...postmarked in 2002. ***? It was finally returned to me at the original address after over 5.5 years!!!! The package definitely smelled weird though, so god knows where it's been living in the mean time...

To the TOP! Who wants it?!

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Holy cow, that's awesome! Just in time for Xmas!!! I don't actually need to see it, but I'm glad it came back "into the fold".

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I'm so glad this is back in rotation! I'd love to watch it again, just to see how bad it is all over! If anyone in San Antonio gets this back, just invite me over....

15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hey Jon,

Why don't I just send this back to you to start the game up all over again?

16. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    PM sent.

I'm going to take this somewhere and have it converted, so I can put it up on the net, for all to share the love! :D