1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Zoom B3 and the Fishman Fusion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ferdinandstrat, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ferdinandstrat

ferdinandstrat

Oct 7, 2014
    I am seriously considering buying the Zoom B3 + expression pedal but sadly non of the local zoom dealers have one in stock so I cant check it out myself.

How is the whammy on it? Does it sound terrible? Cos according to videos I saw on youtube the rest of the effects sounds decent to pretty damn good and even new and interesting.

If anyone has anything else to add about the B3 please do.

Also, is the a pedal or a combination of pedals that can do what the Fishman Fission does but without making it sound like a Guitar Pro guitar?

2. The wammy didn't really do much for me. A real wammy is in a different league. The dirt isn't so good either. It grinds but very digital fuzz sounding. But, the octavers, reverbs, chorus, synths and EQ's are excellent.

3. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I am probably in the minority - but I found the B3 hopelessly complex to set up and the synth sounds didn't track well - again, maybe just me. I sold it.

I have an Akai Unibass, similar to the Fission. I haven't used it live, but it has a similar cheesy sounding distortion. The best thing to do is run the effect out into a separate guitar amp - not always practical. I also tried sending the effect out to a cheap Behringer GDI 21 guitar amp modeler DI box. This helped, but you would have to run it into your PA system's monitors to hear it. That was my intention, but my bandmates don't seem to care for the whole concept so I dropped it - for now.

4. ferdinandstrat

ferdinandstrat

Oct 7, 2014
    Even for Justin Chancellor ish whammy swells?

And damn it seems opinions about this thing went down!

5. ferdinandstrat

ferdinandstrat

Oct 7, 2014
    Also, does it require a separate power supply?