1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Submission Theme from Barney Miller

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by LeeNunn, Sep 18, 2016.

1. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    I always loved this television theme song. I like the 16th note syncopation, chromatic notes, and the use of the occasional open string (e.g., measures 11 and 51). I'm not too sure about the chords. I think they're just 7th chords, but I'm probably missing some extensions. I welcome any edits.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    PleromicPastry, JimK, tonym and 6 others like this.
  2. Always been one of my favorite TV theme songs ever. Bass is great and I love the guitar too. First time I've heard the full version. Nice.

3. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    doesn't sound like the original..Think they had a few versions through the years..I think this one might of been played by Jamerson Jr..?

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    They did.

Season 1 -------------- 0:00
    Season 2 -------------- 1:08
    Season 3 -------------- 2:26
    Seasons 4 to 8 ----- 3:45

wschenk and JCooper like this.
  5. LeeNunn

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    Wow. I had no idea there were multiple versions and I didn't even listen to the YouTube I posted very carefully. The transcription comes from an MP3 from iTunes. There were at least two different bass players. It was interesting to compare versions. Thanks!

JCooper likes this.
  6. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    The Season 3 version is the one that sounds the most familar to me. I was always more into the guitar in this song than the bass when I was a kid.

7. LeeNunn

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    I'm still not sure which season this version is, but I got it from 100 Greatest TV Themes Vol 2. Daniel Caine Orchestra. I went back to check the transcription and I noticed several things. One is that measure 21 is in 7/8. Seems weird to just stick in a measure of 7/8. Here's an updated transcription.

Attached Files:

warrenpeace and JimK like this.
  8. Seanmo

Seanmo

Jul 26, 2015
    So this one then:

Thank you for the update.

LeeNunn likes this.
  9. felonious69

felonious69

Jul 11, 2020
    Wisconsin