Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

theory help

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by mattchew172, Jun 29, 2001.

1. mattchew172

mattchew172

Jun 29, 2001
    hey i've been playin bass for a little while now and im doing pretty good. i was just wondering if u could give me a site that could help me with the theory part of bass. thanx for ur help.... rock on

2. ChrisRae

ChrisRae

Jan 25, 2001
    North Wales, UK
    I think Mr Wynn may be away offering Jeff Berlin some help he didn't think he needed :)

What do you reckon?

3. .....or too busy selling those MTD basses which of course make him a prodigy.

4. Assuming you're sincere, there's obviously too much sarcastic and inside humor here.

5. Talkbass has some exceptionally blessed teachers and players who have a sincere desire to help others. I hope they see this and respond.

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    my god yvon, where did you find all those sites? i only knew about 3 of them..

7. ChrisRae

ChrisRae

Jan 25, 2001
    North Wales, UK
    WTG Yvon.
    Are those really all theory links?

8. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    no they are not all theory link.
    Rob (from news:alt.guitar.bass) posted those quite often, I just copied them and save them on my hard drive, so when someone look for information....I post them.

9. mattchew172

mattchew172

Jun 29, 2001
    thanx for the sites they really helped

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think he has abandoned "Technique" (maybe he had a "final" warning) - but he's still "flyposting" in General Instruction (BG) !! :rolleyes:

11. wynnguitars

wynnguitars

Jun 20, 2001
    fl
    A good web site for theory questions is MTFG(music theory for guitar)the website name is long but type in music theory in the search box and go to the third page theres also one for bass.This site covers many different scales and modes.All these scales will do nothing for you though if you don't use them in context,you can learn scales all day but you have to put them into practice see how they function over the chords.

12. wynnguitars

wynnguitars

Jun 20, 2001
    fl
    You guys play bass or insult people for a livin?I didn't check in here so how could I answer the question?Wake up boys lets play bass and quit insulting, it only shows your age.I start coming here so I can prove myself (yeah right) NOT!I got skills don't need to prove nothin.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Now isn't this a prime example of "The Pot calling the Kettle Black"!!? This from the person who has flung around numerous insults to just about all the regular members of this board - like :

"Hey Fitzy are you bustin my chops again,man you just don't give up.I wonder if you practice as much as you run your mouth,nah probably not."

My reply was addressed to Ed and was posted as a matter of information - if you want to take that as an insult, then I think that says more about your attitude than mine.

And we're still waiting for an MP3 or something of of your playing - c'mon how about it!! :rolleyes:

14. wynnguitars

wynnguitars

Jun 20, 2001
    fl
    Thankyou sir for saying something kind.I have family up there where your at or near there in Long Island.My uncle was a long time musician played weddings and stuff in the area,his name is Louis Miritello,maybe you know him?I have great respect for your record looks you've been around the block.One more thing I'm new here so I'm still finding my way around I wasn't tryin to step on any toes with my correspondence courses I was only tryin to help but I won't advertise anymore.I kinda think I should be able to offer my services if someone asks about lessons their gonna go somewhere right, why not a talk bass member?Whatever you take it easy.Peace.

15. wynnguitars

wynnguitars

Jun 20, 2001
    fl
    One more thing Ed I went and found paste and apologized right to him.Take care.

16. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    How about we start a lessons for sale section?

Ed and Bruce, why cause I am not able to piss you guys off like this winnie guy does? I try twice as hard. What gives?

jc

17. Bruce Lindfield

Do you believe that "dealing" in guitars makes you a good musician, do you brag about your abilities, but not back it up, do you insult experienced players and accuse them of not practising enough or being able to play at all, do you post badly-worded replies at the same time as expecting people to pay you for answering their questions ....... I could go on! :D

And on! :rolleyes:

18. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    Thanks bruce,

That gives me something to work on... if you have any more tips on how to be a jackass let me know...It would be fun if i knew just how to make Ed boil over... I'll keep trying. :D

jc

19. wynnguitars

wynnguitars

Jun 20, 2001
    fl
    Why are you tryin to piss people off man?Its not about that its about helpin people if you want make people mad go to the boxing section.We're about bass not boxing and the correct spelling isWYNN not Winnie - Get it right.